Iphone X Whatsapp

Melisa Niederhaus

Jun 30, 2024, 8:16:30 AM (6 days ago) Jun 30
to wardomisib

FOUND THE FIX! If you haven't been able to fix it, I figured it out (accidentally). It has fixed mine and two coworkers' frozen Whatsapp after IOS update. Our Whatsapp wouldn't let us scroll or anything. It was like the screen was frozen. It would shut off also.

Contact WhatsApp Support: If the issue still persists, you can contact WhatsApp Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or investigate if there is a known issue with WhatsApp on your iPhone model.

Well it seems that being patient was the answer. WhatsApp did not acknowledge the bug on their side nor provide any useful support. See the top answer here to see what they suggested which either didn't work or meant losing data. In the end they published an update to WhatsApp that addressed the issue. So just update your WhatsApp assuming they have rolled it out to your area, and you should be fine.

Have tried all methods mentioned in the internet (except factory reset phone), and didn't work. Tried to delete whatsapp and it worked fine until I restored my backup, then it started crashing again. Looks like my case was something to do with the data / msg / files that crashed WhatsApp.

Now, for details, my new number did not have any chat backup to screw up from. So, it kind of got disconnected from iCloud. I pray hard enough every day that it continues to work flawlessly as it does finally, because I know how much pain it is. I had done multiple loops of going through WA support (which was useless), writing to Apple, following people of forum, basically been in a mess, regretting the upgrade.

I have a similar problem running 12.4.1on an iPhone 7. But in my case, WhatsApp voice calls will ring as expected (including when the phone is locked/screen off). Video calls simply will not ring unless I have WhatsApp open and active.

Thanks! Although that still doesn't cause the phone display to wake up and show the incoming call screen, it does result in a ring tone at least...that's a sufficient workaround until the powers that be fix it properly.

I'm having the same issue with WhatsApp video calls.. Incoming WhatsApp audio calls always ring but nothing for video calls, the only indication I have for a missed video call is a a badge indicating a missed call.

I have also noticed if I'm on a WhatsApp audio call with someone and they switch to video, the phone vibrates for the incoming video call but I have no option to accept it, I have to end the audio call and video call them back.

I have every notification turned on and still the same. Hopefully this can be resolved soon as it's getting very annoying missing family calls that will only be more frequent over the Christmas period.

Same issue. Whatsapp video calls only ring when I'm in whatspp. However voice calls on whatsapp ring even when the phone is locked. Using iphone 6. This worked before and only stopped in November or October.

Same problem here: iPhone 5s, iPhone 7 running on latest iOS, with all notifications on, but my WhatsApp does not give me a notification when I get a videocall, especially when my phone is locked. I hope it is not a deliberate action of Apple since it seems that the ring option (only for messages is available now) had been taken out in the past few updates.

My wife and I experienced the same issue: When receiving calls from WhatsApp, our iPhone 6 and 8 failed to ring. We went to Settings>Notifications>WhatsApp and found checkmarks for both Lock Screen and Notification Center were checked, but Banners was not. After checking Banners, both our iPhones now ring when receiving calls from WhatsApp.

I had the same problem, I fixed it by going to iPhone settings first (instead of whatsapp settings) choose whatsapp from the app menu, notifications, allow notifications, make sure all the options for alerts are checked.

Thank you for this! Having tried every fix suggested and still having no joy in sorting the problem ie no ring tone or alert for incoming video calls (even though the audio call was fine), this fix - exactly as you described - worked like a dream (much to my amazement!), so I am very pleased. Thank you very much, again!

Back up with too much of data is difficult and takes a longer time along with iCloud storage problem so installed the WhatsApp business app and shifted my data to it. Later deleted the WhatsApp and re installed it. Did the reverse thing again from business to ordinary app and my problem got solved.

I have exactly the same problem. What'sApp tells me 3.47GB, iPhone storage tells me 27.9GB. An unaccounted for 24GB difference is not trivial on a 64GB phone. That's nearly 40% of my storage that's gone missing, despite my taking all the right steps to manage the data. Apple, we need a solution urgently please.

So, in the WhatsUp inbuild Manage Storage, when I check the chat size with my girlfriend it show me 30 MB, but when try to export the single chat (the one with my girlfriend with TONS OF STICKERS :)) the .zip file created by whatsapp was 2 GB.

I wrote to WhatsApp customer center (and wrote a review in the app store) in order to ask them to improve the function to check/delete (as well as pictures and videos) also the vocal messages and stickers in oneshot mode for a single chat, 'cause it's frustrating scroll a 3-year chat and delete one by one every single stickers.

I removed WhatsApp from the iPhone and then re-installed it. Now the phone and the app both show zero space used. Of course I lost all my chats, so this solution is definitely not ideal, but it worked as an emergency workaround to free up the space.

I have this issue too. Directly in WhatsApp Storage menu it's showing me that it's taking 4GB but in the Storage menu of the iPhone it's showing 20 GB. Please Apple can you provide us a solution to free up that ghost space ?

I'm having the same problem. In iPhone Settings > iPhone Storage it's showing WhatsApp is taking up 13.13GB but if I open WhatsApp and go to Manage Storage it says I have used 7.66GB and that there is 5.98GB of free space. Why the discrepancy?

They simply don't care, people still buy iPhones no matter how behind it is in features to Android phones, apple can do whatever they want. If they write "jjackass" in the back of all iphones people still buy it.

yes this is ridiculous, I often erase stuff and the size takes days or god knows what event to update. Very unhappy with Apple in general, I use it only because my employer wants iPhone otherwise never! So many things not working well, few options and crazy prices

I backed up my Whatsapp on my iPhone 6. I have a new ipHone 12 and have installed Whatsapp. When I try to restore from my iCloud backup, there is an old backup there but not the latest one. I've tried gong back to my iPhone 6 and backing up again, and deleting and reinstalling Whatsapp on my iPhone 12 but the same, old, backup is there.

Update: Switching the automatic backup to daily seems to have done the trick. I put the sim back in my old phone, changed the auto backup, and deleted Whatsapp on my new phone. After a day, I swapped the SIM back to the new phone and then reinstalled whatsapp. The Backup went as expected.

I was having the same issue, but then I decided to just restore it anyway, even though it wasn't the most recent backup. When I clicked in restore, it started downloading the backup, and then it automatically updated the information from my last backup.

This does not work for whatsapp status at all. If you are in a whatsapp chat you can find gifs, but neither sticker nor gifs are available when you go to post on your whatsapp status. I get my memojis but not regular stickers and definitely no gif options, not even grouped elsewhere when posting for whatsapp status.

1. Update WhatsApp: Ensure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your device. App updates often include bug fixes and new features, so updating may resolve any issues you're experiencing.

2. Restart the app: Sometimes, a simple restart can help refresh the app's interface and restore missing options. Close WhatsApp completely and then relaunch it to see if the GIF and other app options reappear.

3. Clear app cache: If restarting the app didn't work, you can try clearing the cache. Go to your device's settings, find the "Apps" or "Applications" section, locate WhatsApp, and then choose the option to clear the app's cache. This can help resolve any temporary data or configuration issues.

4. Contact WhatsApp support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, you can reach out to WhatsApp support directly. They can provide you with specific guidance or inform you if any changes have been made to the app's interface that might affect the availability of certain options.

This is extraordinary. Most of my communicants use Whatsapp. I haven't asked them if they use ipad, but I think some/lots of them use iphone. Does iphone support whatsapp? Certainly my android tablet has whatsapp. Being peremptorily told by apple forums to 'google whatsapp' diminishes my confidence in ios. This is the first ios device I've had. I'm getting the vibe that I'm too stupid to use ipad.

d3342ee215