Education Scholarship Application

shirley smith

Aug 11, 2011, 9:04:06 PM8/11/11
to shirley smith
Please share with family, friends, churches, organizations, etc. that may
have potential candidates.

Thank you.

BLACKS IN GOVERNMENT

CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (CBP) CHAPTER

2011-12 VERONICA GILMORE EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP

ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES

The Blacks in Government (BIG) CBP Chapter announces its "Veronica Gilmore
Education Scholarship" Program for 2011-12. Our mission is "Vision Today
Realism for Tomorrow". A Scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded
to two eligible college or technical school students.

Eligibility Requirements:

- The applicant must be high school senior entering college the
Fall of 2012 or a college/tech student currently attending school.

- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on
a 4.0 scale or equivalent grade or ranking schedule. There must be at least
a 2.5 overall grade point average, or a 2.5 for the last full year of
school.

- All applicants must submit a complete application package
postmarked no later than August 22, 2011.

- Applicant cannot be more than 25 years of age.

A Complete Application Package Shall Include:

- Essay (questions are attached): Typed double spaced, 500 words
or more addressing the following:

- List information at the top right page of the essay:

Applicant's Name

Address

Telephone Number

- Written Recommendation/Character Reference: Please submit one
written recommendation/character reference.

- Transcript: The transcript must show GPA 2.5 or higher overall,
or at least a 2.5 for the last full academic year. Note: Photocopies of
transcripts and report cards are acceptable. If your transcript is being
mailed directly by the school, the transcript must be postmarked by the
application deadline of August 22, 2011. Transcripts and report cards that
have been altered are considered ineligible.

- Interview: If the Scholarship Committee notifies you that you
are one of the finalists, you may be asked to come before the committee for
a one-on-one interview.

Mailing Information:

- Blacks In Government, CBP Chapter

16252 Brook Trail Court

Upper Marlboro, Md. 20772

**Postmark on application package must be no later than August 22, 2011.

BLACKS IN GOVERNMENT

CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (CBP) CHAPTER

2011-12 VERONICA GILMORE SCHOLARSHIP

"VISION TODAY REALISM FOR TOMORROW"

ESSAY QUESTIONS

Answer at least two of the questions:

1. What do you feel is the greatest challenge/s for young African
Americans ages 18-25 today? If you had the power to change this situation,
what would you do?

2. How has or can social networking impact our African American culture
positively?

3. You have been granted one billion dollars that can only be used to
make a difference in the lives of children ages 18-25 years of age. You
must have a five year spend plan. What would you do with that money?

4. Obesity has become an epidemic in America for not just adults but
for young children. How do you see the effects on our society and what
changes would you make to turn this epidemic around to a healthier society
for young children.

**Postmark on application package must be no later than August 22, 2011.

ANC Commissioner 5A09

Shirley Rivens Smith, President

US Africa Sister Cities Foundation, Inc.

DC-Dakar

2000 Upshur St., NE

Washington, DC 20018

www.usasc.org

202-635-3138

.

http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8502897/grpspId=1705079605/msgId=
6325/stime=1312901224/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3

__,_._,___

image001.gif

moble...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2011, 1:29:00 AM8/12/11
to ward...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing.  I was one of the originals that started BIG, I think!  This was in the 1970...................

Keep me up on things and I may come back and train folks after 8 years away from things.

Pierpont

--
Ward...@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion
and information sharing.