Fwd: Charity Walk/Dash For Archaeology Education

WAPA DC

Aug 21, 2023, 7:25:34 PM8/21/23
to wap...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Beth Pruitt <be...@archaeologyincommunity.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 3:40 PM
Subject: Charity Walk/Dash For Archaeology Education
To: <ad...@wapadc.org>

Hi,

Join us to support archaeology education for all! I wanted to reach out to let WAPA know that there will be a fundraiser walk/dash on Sunday, October 1 in Rock Creek Park organized by Archaeology in the Community (AITC). The event will raise funds for accessible public archaeology education programs.

When: October 1 at 8:00-9:30 AM

Where: Starting and finishing at Picnic Grove #24 by Carter Barron Amphitheater Parking Lot

This is a short, non-competitive, out-and-back fun run/walk (only 2K, a little over 1 mile) in the beautiful setting of DC’s largest National Park. There are multiple ways to take part:

  1. Run/Walk!: You can register to participate as an individual or a team (2+ participants).

  2. Fundraise!: If you are registered to participate, you can also create your own page to fundraise for AITC. Let others know that they can support archaeology education through you.

  3. Donate!: You can support AITC’s educational programs by donating directly or supporting a specific participant.

  4. Support!: Even if you aren’t participating, you can turn out to cheer on the runners and walkers. While you’re there, learn about the archaeology and history of Rock Creek Park.

  5. Share!: Help spread the word by letting others know about our event. There is a PDF flyer and a social media graphic attached here. You can also share posts from AITC’s Facebook or Twitter.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!
Beth

Elizabeth Pruitt, PhD (she/her) | Director of Education | Archaeology in the Community, Inc.

--
Washington Association of Professional Anthropologists (WAPA)
wap...@gmail.com | wapadc.org