Silos in anthropology

1 view

Terry Redding

Jun 11, 2020, 6:54:04 PM6/11/20
to wap...@googlegroups.com
How can we strengthen anthropology, particularly in these fraught times? One approach is to try to break down silos or barriers that exist between academics and practitioners. This was the topic of a Presidential Session at the 2019 AAA/CASCA meeting; the session is now available via streaming video on the NAPA website at

Take a moment to have a look at the page, which includes presentation abstracts and videos based on PowerPoint presentations. At the bottom of the page is a discussion forum. Session participants hope this resource will help stimulate a dialogue with concrete ideas and strategies for breaking down the silos that have long existed in our discipline. We hope to hear your voice in this conversation!