WAPA President Mark Edberg-rockstar with The Black Shag Sherpas at the Urban Winery!

Suzanne Heurtin-Roberts

Jul 14, 2023, 5:00:09 PM7/14/23
to wap...@googlegroups.com
Hi WAPA friends,

I'm writing to let you know WAPA's fearless leader, Mark Edberg, and his band the Black Shag Sherpas will be playing tomorrow evening at the Silver Spring's Urban Winery-https://theurbanwinery.com/.

Greek and other food, great wines, beer and non alcoholic stuff.
The winery is housed in a converted warehouse, but we'll be out in the parking lot, transformed into a shady, flowered Greek patio.  Inside is the air-conditioned tasting room.

6-9pm Saturday July 15,
2315 Stewart Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Stewart Ave intersects with Brookville Road.  There's a bottle shaped sign at the intersection.

Go to Google Maps for directions (it's inside the beltway).

The owners are a young Greek-American family (three kids) who make award-winning wines on the premises.  Awards from all over the country for their wines,  E-W coasts, silver and gold medals.

This is the third time in two months they've been invited back to play: California rock, protest rock, some funk, a little of whatever but all great.

So come hangout with some other anthropologists over some  great food, drinks and music.

See you there!
Suzanne

Suzanne Heurtin-Roberts MA, PhD, MSW
Adjunct Professor
Department of Anthropology
UMD, College Park

Mark Edberg

Jul 15, 2023, 3:15:41 PM7/15/23
to Suzanne Heurtin-Roberts, wap...@googlegroups.com
The Sherpas are still on tonight at Urban Winery! If it rains, we'll play inside.

Mark Edberg, Ph.D., M.A.
Professor and Center Director
Department of Prevention and Community Health
Milken Institute School of Public Health
Secondary Appointments in the Department of Anthropology and Elliott School of International Affairs
The George Washington University
(202) 994-3584