FW: SWAA Conference

Andrea Kalvesmaki

Feb 28, 2022, 2:30:35 PM2/28/22
to wap...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends from WAPA! Please consider submitting your work to the Southwest Anthropological Conference, and joining us in sunny Albuquerque in April!

Kind regards,

Andrea Kalvesmaki

The SWAA Board welcomes abstract submissions for the 91st Annual Conference of the Southwestern Anthropological Association.

The theme:  Community, Culture and Wellbeing:  The Heart of the Matter

The deadline for abstract submission is March 14, 2022.

The conference will take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico April 22-23, 2022 at the Hotel Albuquerque.

A flyer for the conference is attached to this email.

Call for Papers:

We invite papers [individual papers or organized sessions], posters, and films representing
cultural, biological, linguistic, or applied anthropology and archaeology.

Abstracts may be submitted for consideration through March 14, 2022
SWAA Banquet Speaker:  Dr. Emily Mendenhall, Georgetown University

We encourage conference papers and/or organized sessions that use the ideas of community, culture and well-being as a context for anthropological work in any of the various sub-fields.  For example, papers may address archaeological questions about the past; cultural anthropology work on culture change, norms and values, racism and inequality, religion and belief systems, health and medicine, language and social media; applied anthropological work on sustainability, climate change, environment, politics and economics and global health; biological anthropology work on evolution, adaptation, genetics, habitat change, and more. These are just a sampling of how anthropologists can engage the conference theme.

We also welcome papers, posters and films that are not explicitly tied to the theme, and we encourage SWAA members to present their ongoing work.

Best,

The SWAA Board

--

Dr. Eric Canin