Fwd: Global Undergraduate Awards 2022: Call for Judging Panelists in Social Science: Anthropology & Cultural Studies

4 vues

WAPA DC

non lue,
15 avr. 2022, 15:49:3515/04/2022
à wap...@googlegroups.com
In case this is of interest to the academics in the group.....

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Calvin Duffy <Judgi...@undergraduateawards.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 8:59 AM
Subject: Global Undergraduate Awards 2022: Call for Judging Panelists in Social Science: Anthropology & Cultural Studies
To: Admin <ad...@wapadc.org>

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to you as the Judging Process Executive for The Global Undergraduate Awards (UA), to let you know about our call for volunteer judges. I hope that the UA's mission to celebrate undergraduate excellence is something that might be of interest to the members of the Washington Association of Professional Anthropologists.

The UA is the world’s largest global undergraduate academic awards programme. As a not-for-profit organisation based in Ireland, we celebrate undergraduate excellence by inviting the world’s best students to submit coursework. There are 25 award categories, and we seek the assistance of experts to assess students' work in each category. Many of our panels are full, but I'm still looking for judges for the Social Science: Anthropology & Cultural Studies category. If you think that this would be of interest to the members of your organisation, I would be very grateful if you were to forward the information to them.

Undergraduate students from all over the globe submit outstanding pieces of coursework for UA’s judging panelists to consider. Volunteer judges assess this coursework on the online judging platform, AwardForce. Judging takes place from mid-June to early September, with panelists assessing coursework in short, distinct stages. Judges are guided at each stage by category-specific criteria, along with the support from the category Chair Judge and the UA’s Judging Process Executive. The Chair Judge for Social Science: Anthropology & Cultural Studies in 2021 was Dr Stan Frankland from University of St Andrews.

Judging for the UA allows academics to virtually meet colleagues from all over the globe, and exposes judges to the best undergraduate student coursework in their field. Judging is advantageous for those working in academia or intending to work in academia. We primarily accept judges who are professors, lecturers, tutorial assistants, PhD candidates, and professional experts outside of academia. Judges also can access the UA Community, a private social network for people associated with the UA, where members can make connections within and across geographic and subject boundaries.

If an academic is interested in joining for the 2022 round, the application can be found online here by clicking the '2022 Judging Application' button. It would be of immense assistance if you were to circulate this invitation to the members of the Washington Association of Professional Anthropologists, in the hope that some of them may apply.

Thank you for your consideration, and the best wishes to you from Ireland.

Kind regards,
Calvin

Calvin Duffy
Judging Process Executive
Pronouns He/Him
The
Global
 Undergraduate Awards
The world's
leading undergraduate
 award
s programme, connecting and empowering the brightest students to inspire greatness.

2nd Floor, 18 Fitzwilliam Sq. Dublin 2, D02 CY65
Phone:
+353
 (0) 1 441 5882

www.undergraduateawards.com
beacon

--
Washington Association of Professional Anthropologists (WAPA)
wap...@gmail.com | wapadc.org