Fwd: ArchaeoCon--Janaury 4th

WAPA DC

Dec 6, 2019, 12:17:31 PM12/6/19
to wap...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Meredith Langlitz <mlan...@archaeological.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM
Subject: ArchaeoCon--Janaury 4th
To: ad...@wapadc.org <ad...@wapadc.org>

Good evening!

The Archaeological Institute of America (AIA) is holding its 121st Annual Meeting from January 2-5, 2020, at the Marriott Marquis Washington DC. Around 2500 archaeologists, Classicists, and AIA members will be at the event.  As part of our festivities, we will be holding an ArchaeoCon event for the public on Saturday, January 4th.

ArchaeoCon is a day of archaeological activities, demonstrations, and talks that will be open to the public. Would WAPA consider hosting a table during the morning activity fair?  There is no cost for the table and you will be able to highlight the work that you do. A hands-on event or interactive activity of some sort would be great. Because this is a public event we are expecting a mix of general public, local AIA members, and AIA meeting attendees.

In the morning before the fair, we’ll also be hosting a lightning show and tell session for heritage educators.  We hope you’ll join us for this as well, the session is a great way to do some professional networking, share your work, and learn about great educational resources.  You can sign up for the lightning session here.

Here’s our preliminary schedule for the day:

7:30-8 Fair Presenter Check-in

8-9: Lightning Show & Tell

9:30-12:30 Activity Fair

12:30-1:30 Lunch break/fair breakdown/chair setup

1:30-4:30 Afternoon key presenters: Jim Delgado, Josh Gates, Alexandra Jones, and Sarah Parcak.

We have a few more tables left and I hope you will consider joining us. I’ve attached a presenter agreement with some additional details for the fair. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you’d like to confirm your participation but need a little more time to complete the form.

All the best,

Meredith

Meredith Anderson Langlitz

Senior Programs Coordinator

ARCHAEOLOGICAL INSTITUTE of AMERICA

44 Beacon St., 2nd Floor

Boston, MA 02108-3614

mlan...@archaeological.org

archaeological.org

--
Washington Association of Professional Anthropologists (WAPA)
wap...@gmail.com | wapadc.org