Position: Cognos Administrator
Location: Noblesville, IN – Initially Remote
1. Cognos Administration (with experience forgovernment Medicaid projects).
a. Implement, configure, and maintainCognos with single and multi-serverenvironment in compliance withgovernment rules and regulations.
b. Analyze the system and performenvironment sizing if necessary.
c. Implement, maintain, upgrade, anddocument portals based on Cognos,and other third- party tools.
d. Implement Cognos security throughActive Directory and LDAP, withconcept windows authentication,SSL, and Single Sign-On (SSO).
e. Audit usage of portal and Cognos, andsubmits related metrics monthly to the State.
f. Perform Cognos customization, performancetuning and applies fix packs, if necessary.
g. Implement and maintain effective Cognossecurity administration in maintenance,operations, and development phases ofprojects simultaneously without affectingeach other with exclusive business usergroups.
h. Implement security in Cognosenvironment with data, report, folder,business groups, and user organizationlevels Experience working with the Stateand development administration teams tobalance the data warehouse Access andSecurity. Integrated Cognos SSPS,Cognos Mobile (v. 10.2.0 and v. 10.2.1),and ESRI Maps to Cognos BI.
2. Cognos Administration for data warehousingM&O, including enhancements for environmentof a similar size and complexity to the EDWsystem
a. In EDW environment, define and design thebest practices of the Cognos BIinfrastructure.
b. Coordinate operational designs and providesupport for applications.
c. Install, configure, and administer Cognos 10.
d. Develop and maintain the metadata layer inCognos Framework Manager, Cognoscapacity planning and performancemanagement, and monitoring the Cognosenvironment for usage and performancemetrics.
e. Provide vision for best usage and practicesregarding the Cognos tool set and sets standards and guidelines for BI development.
f. Develop and test reports, dashboards,and other methods of informationdelivery using Cognos Report Studio.
3. Cognos Administration for Cognos in a Teradatadata warehouse environment
a. Balance the performance andmaintain equilibrium between theadvancements in both Cognos andTeradata data warehouseenvironments.
b. Implement a relation between Cognoswith session commands, and Teradatausing Query band features, to obtain userlevel auditing capability for the datawarehouse environment.
c. Maintain data level security throughTeradata administration for Cognos adhoc model and report level security aswell as Teradata access and CognosAdministration together.
4. Enhancements: Design, develop, test, andimplement enhancements to the system andreports, including modifications to existing reports,via the change management process
5. Configuration Documentation – The Subcontractorwill be responsible for the maintenance of theirscope-specific configuration documents.Documents will be updated by the Subcontractorwhen configurations are approved and migrated tothe production environment. The Subcontractorshall be responsible for document version control.The Subcontractor will accomplish this using theState’s JIRA system or SharePoint.