New Go WAMP implementation - Nexus

Andrew Gillis

Sep 4, 2017, 3:56:48 PM9/4/17
to WAMP
I would like to introduce a new WAMP implementation in Go: nexus

Project is being actively developed and maintained.  Interfaces are stable, additional features and documentation currently in progress.

Please see nexus wiki for documentation.

--
Andrew Gillis

Tobias Oberstein

Sep 4, 2017, 5:15:17 PM9/4/17
to wam...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Gillis
Hi Andrew,

Am 04.09.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Andrew Gillis:
> I would like to introduce a new WAMP implementation in Go: nexus
> <https://github.com/gammazero/nexus
Awesome! And welcome to the WAMP implementers club=)

We'll add Nexus to the WAMP web site under both the client libraries and
the router sections

https://github.com/wamp-proto/wamp-web/issues/11

I guess you are aware of

https://github.com/jcelliott/turnpike

Any specific reasons you created Nexus nevertheless? Could be
interesting for users ..

> Project is being actively developed and maintained. Interfaces are stable,
> additional features and documentation currently in progress.

Neat. It looks like you have put considerable work in this! Cool.

> Please see nexus wiki <https://github.com/gammazero/nexus/wiki> for
> documentation.

I really like the WAMP intro page

https://github.com/gammazero/nexus/wiki/Understanding-WAMP

A very good explanation of both the motivation behind all this, and the
solution.

So nice job, congrats!

Cheers,
/Tobias

> --
> Andrew Gillis

Andrew Gillis

Sep 4, 2017, 10:15:10 PM9/4/17
to WAMP, gillis....@gmail.com

On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 2:15:17 PM UTC-7, Tobias Oberstein wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Am 04.09.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Andrew Gillis:
> I would like to introduce a new WAMP implementation in Go: nexus
> <https://github.com/gammazero/nexus
Awesome! And welcome to the WAMP implementers club=)

We'll add Nexus to the WAMP web site under both the client libraries and
the router sections

https://github.com/wamp-proto/wamp-web/issues/11

I guess you are aware of

https://github.com/jcelliott/turnpike

Any specific reasons you created Nexus nevertheless? Could be
interesting for users ..

Yes.  Originally considered contributing to turnpike, but wanted to go in significantly different directions in a number of ways.  I did look at turnpike for a starting place, particularly for parts of the client library, and have included Joshua C. Elliott in the nexus copyright as was appropriate to do.

> Project is being actively developed and maintained.  Interfaces are stable,
> additional features and documentation currently in progress.

Neat. It looks like you have put considerable work in this! Cool.

There is much more to do, but I think it is ready for the world to kick the tires.  I am committed to making this the most reliable and performant full-featured WAMP implementation available.  I will continue to work hard to make sure nexus is the go-to WAMP package for Go.

> Please see nexus wiki <https://github.com/gammazero/nexus/wiki> for
> documentation.

I really like the WAMP intro page

https://github.com/gammazero/nexus/wiki/Understanding-WAMP

A very good explanation of both the motivation behind all this, and the
solution.

So nice job, congrats!

Cheers,
/Tobias

A sincere thank you.  WAMP is that ideal protocol, IMO, for nearly all distributed messaging systems.  This is just the beginning.

> --
> Andrew Gillis

Alexander Gödde

Sep 5, 2017, 12:59:44 PM9/5/17
to WAMP, gillis....@gmail.com
added Nexus to the list of implementations - http://wamp-proto.org/implementations/

Thank you for the addition to the WAMP ecosystem!