Re: Tall Grass Violation

Message has been deleted

Ron Clark

May 13, 2019, 4:08:57 PM5/13/19
to Walnut Crossing
I can't imagine that notice is legitimate.  I'm sure I would have received one a time or two if that sort of thing were a concern in our neighborhood... haha.
There is a city code 10-5-21 that it is a violation if grasses/weeds are over 12 inches tall, but that's a max of $500.  I would probably disregard it, but call 311 to make sure.

Welcome!

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 2:18:37 PM UTC-5, Ajita Sen wrote:
Hello All, My name is Ajita Sen, and my boyfriend (Avi Hanel) and I recently moved into the neighborhood a couple months ago. We live at 3200 Spaniel Drive. We received a notice today that someone has reported that we have “tall grass” in our front yard and that we now have a “tall grass” violation, that could cost us up to $2000 a day if we do not remediate the issue by Wednesday. We have received this violation because someone in the neighborhood reported it. Going forward, we would truly appreciate it if those who have an issue with something on our property, to come talk to us first or leave a note on our door or in our mailbox. We have been trying to find time to work on updating different items around our house and yard these past couple of months, but when you factor in busy jobs, family commitments, and budgeting for these items, fixing up these items can take time for new home-owners. Because there is no formal HOA for Walnut Crossing, we were under the impression this was not a pressing issue. We love living in Walnut Crossing, and would prefer to deal with these issues neighbor-to-neighbor. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Thanks, Ajita and Avi

Javier Bonafont

May 13, 2019, 8:27:44 PM5/13/19
to Walnut Crossing
Is this notice from Code Enforcement?  If so it should have contact information.  Its suspect because frankly its wrong.  The penalty for this is $500, not 2000 per day, which is insane.

That said, there are a number of busybodies in the neighborhood that seem to have nothing else to do but report people.   I was working on restoring a trailer in my driveway and someone called code enforcement, but it was none of my neighbors, because I know them all, so it must have been somebody pretty far off.  I worked it out with the code guy and it was fine.  But annoying.

If you are having trouble mowing your lawn, let me know and jeez, I'll come down and mow it for you if you leave me a place to plug my mower cord into.

Don Bentz

May 13, 2019, 8:41:48 PM5/13/19
to roncla...@gmail.com, Walnut Crossing
Gee I really like lush grass.  I wonder if the person with the issue will step forward and dialog about it?

Don Bentz

Susan Jackson

May 13, 2019, 10:50:50 PM5/13/19
to Don Bentz, Ron Clark, Walnut Crossing
Someone has been busy code reporting on Tyrone Drive as well.  They are picking on some of the longest-term residents and have caused antagonism and financial hardship through their actions.
I agree that in a neighborhood like this it is best to discuss with your neighbors first BEFORE calling Code.
I'm so sorry this has been your introduction to Walnut Crossing, this is not typical of the neighborhood.  I wonder if we have someone who has moved in recently who is of an HOA mentality.

Sabrina Joplin

May 14, 2019, 11:43:49 AM5/14/19
to roncla...@gmail.com, Walnut Crossing
I definitely remember that $2000 a day notice. It was scary. I think it's aimed at getting people to not just blow off the notices and It will definitely put you in a panic to move fast. :(

Daniel Creen

Aug 24, 2023, 8:19:10 PM8/24/23
to sabrina...@gmail.com, roncla...@gmail.com, Walnut Crossing
There was a guy on Ambleside who, I'm told, called in complaints about things all over the neighborhood.
He passed away  though, and sadly, no one complained.