Wallpaper not being changed

darkwing

Jun 19, 2012, 5:05:39 PM6/19/12
to wallp...@googlegroups.com
Following a reboot, I see the initial wallpaper downloaded.  However, they are not being changed.  I launched system preferences and Mac OSX thinks its showing another wallpaper, but the desktop does not display it.   Any ideas ?

Peter Theill

Jun 20, 2012, 3:32:43 AM6/20/12
to wallp...@googlegroups.com
Hmm,

Does it change if you use the "Feeling lucky" option? Are you running Mac OS X Lion or a newer system?

Brian Alonso

Jun 20, 2012, 9:03:23 AM6/20/12
to wallp...@googlegroups.com
No, I tried that.  I'm running Lion

Peter Theill

Jun 21, 2012, 2:31:07 AM6/21/12
to wallp...@googlegroups.com
Try to open "Console" and see if it prints any messages from Wallpapery such as "Failed to contact server" or similar.

Also, does it refresh the wallpaper if you close Wallpapery (click menubar item and select "Quit Wallpapery") and then reopens it?

Have you changed some internet settings which might cause this such as setting up a proxy server, tethering on your phone (using iPhone "hotspot" functionality) or similar?

Cahoot Mark

Jun 21, 2012, 2:35:11 AM6/21/12
to wallp...@googlegroups.com
Hello. Not sure why I'm being copied in to this conversation?

Mark.

Brian Alonso

Jun 21, 2012, 12:14:53 PM6/21/12
to wallp...@googlegroups.com
I'm not getting any console related errors.  I thought it might be an add on app in Preferences that might be conflicting.  However, I uninstalled ones that I wasn't using with no luck in getting wallpapery to run.

Oddly enough, when I try to manually change the wallpaper in preferences, it doesn't change the background until I reboot.

I'm not going to persue it now.  Maybe I'll check it out again when Mountain Lion comes out.

thanks