Tue. Jan 24 Jefferson - Wed. Gladstone

Wendy Bumgardner

Jan 24, 2023, 7:47:45 AM1/24/23
to walko...@googlegroups.com
Check these groups for walks (some may not be listed here)
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Walking-Oregon-and-SW-Washington/
https://www.meetup.com/Willamette-Valley-and-Mid-Coast-Walkers/
https://www.meetup.com/Rogue-Valley-Walkers-Meetup/

Tue, Jan 24th, 2023 Jefferson, Oregon
town/overlook
Albany Fitwalkers
SANCTION #: SN: 123989
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: GUIDED Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 9:45 am to 10:00 am
DISTANCE: 5, 10km, Rating: 1B
CONTACT: Donald Reed
donre...@yahoo.com
(541) 974-5780
COUNTY: Linn County
SPECIAL PR: Centurion Achievement Challenge
IVV-Americas
Mayflower - 400th Anniversary Walk
Town Halls / City Halls
Walking the United States - States
Walking the USA, A - Z
Walking with America's Veterans
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Hard Wheelchairs: No
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Directions to the start table
103 old Pacific Hwy. 99 Jefferson OR. From I-5 take exit 238 Go left
(East) toward Jefferson.
Take the first left after the Bridge into the Grocery parking area.
Comments
A nice walk in small country town up past the cemetery to the All
nations Native American
Veterans memorial site at the end of Cemetery Road. Then back through
some of the
neighborhoods with wild turkeys roaming here and there and a chance to
see an emu farm

Wed. Jan. 25 Gladstone, OR Group Walk
Join a group lead 5K or 10K walk. The walk goes up and down through
quiet neighborhoods and a city park along the Clackamas River. We walk
about 3 miles per hour. These walks are rated 1A, easy.
Register in the Safeway Parking Lot. Sign in from 9:40 to 9:55 am.
Please arrive early to sign in so the walks can start at 10 am.
Location: Safeway next to Holiday Inn Express Portland SE, 75 82nd Dr.,
Gladstone, OR
Please consider a $2.00 donation so we can continue our walks.
https://www.meetup.com/walking-oregon-and-sw-washington/events/290652461/

Sat, Feb 11th, 2023 Portland, Oregon
Pre Super Bowl
Columbia River Volkssport Club
SANCTION #: SN: 122636
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 9:00am to 11:30pm ONLY
DISTANCE: 5, 10km, Rating: 1A
CONTACT: Ed Hainline
opahai...@gmail.com
(360) 921-1909
COUNTY: Multnomah County
SPECIAL PR: No special programs
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: No
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Important event information
Walk on sidewalks and along street shoulders into some of the historic
areas of older Portland
and into Wilshire Park (10k route).The 5km route goes through the
Alberta District with its quaint
shops and eateries, along with some older neighborhoods.
Directions to the start table
5736 NE 33rd St, Portland1-84 Eastbound from I-5: Exit #1 (NE 33rd Ave).
Turn LEFT for 2 miles
to the McMenamins Kennedy School at NE 33rd Ave and NE Jessup. Turn
RIGHT onto NE
Jessup to the McMenamins Kennedy School Parking lot on Left. If
necessary on street parking is
available.I-84 Westbound from I-205: Exit #2 (NE 43rd Ave). LEFT on NE
Halsey St. RIGHT on
NE Ceasr E Chavez Blvd (formerly NE 39th Ave) to NE Broadway. LEFT on NE
Broadway to NE
33rd Ave. RIGHT on NE 33rd Ave to McMenamins Kennedy School on the Right
- corner of NE
Jessup and NE 33rd Ave (see above).
Comments
Pets are not allowed inside the McMenamins Kennedy School
building.Walking routes will not be
marked this year - Writen instructions and maps will be provided.10km -
Walk on sidewalks and
along street shoulders into some of the historic areas of older
Portland, past Old Concordia
University and into Wilshire Park.5km - Walk goes through the Alberta
District with its quaint
shops and eateries along some of the older neighborhoods.

Thu, Feb 16th, 2023 Keizer, Oregon
Keizer Rapids Park & Neighborhood
Willamette Wanderers
Enjoy a walk at Keizer Rapids Park by the Willamette River and then walk
through nearby attractive
residential area. 10K includes Park forest & 3 other Parks. 6K includes
1 other Park.
SANCTION #: SN: 124058
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: GUIDED Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 10 AM; register 9:45-10 AM
DISTANCE: 6, 10km, Rating: 1A
CONTACT: Betty Budzik
bgbu...@gmail.com
(503) 437-5508
COUNTY: Marion County
SPECIAL PR: No special programs
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: Hard
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Important event information
10k includes walk in the forest on gravel before going to area with
attractive housing by
Willamette River plus 3 other parks. 6k doesn't go into the forest but
does the nearby
neighborhood & 1 other park. Paved pathways. Group walk but also a
self-directed walk.
Directions to the start table
1900 Chemawa Rd North, Keizer. Register at Big Toy Playground. I-5 exit
260 north/south. Turn
towards Keizer Station (shopping center) to 1st traffic light after RR
tracks. Left on Chemawa &
go about 3 miles passing River Rd & 4-way stop intersection. Left on
Walsh Way/boat ramp sign
at Keizer Rapids Park; Left to park in playground parking lot.
Comments
WOC: Orchards, Palm Trees, Parks, Playground Structures, Rivers,
Swimming Pools, Vegetable,
Yeti, Zero(in sign) ESVA Strolling Along the Rive

WalkFest Vancouver BC (Canada) - September 22-24, 2023 Registration is
Now Open
The Vancouver ‘Venturers will be pleased to welcome you to WalkFest 2023
in beautiful Vancouver, Canada.
Enjoy a weekend of walks that showcases the spectacular natural beauty
of the area as well as the historical areas of Stanley Park, Gastown,
Chinatown and the West End.
An optional 3-hour harbour cruise and onboard banquet will take you
under the Lions Gate and Burrard bridges into False Creek passing
Granville Island, Rogers Arena, and the iconic Science World building.
Come early or stay late and start planning your visit to Vancouver in
September.
https://vancouverventurers.com/walkfest-vancouver-2023/

You can find information for any event, any state at the AVA.org site
https://my.ava.org/find-an-event.php

Albany Fitwalkers: donre...@yahoo.com 541-974-5780
Willamette Wanderers Thursday group walks - contact pjwest...@comcast.net
Rogue Valley Walkers: Pat Jewett 503-453-6018 scoutp...@gmail.com

TO GET YEAR-ROUND WALK INSTRUCTIONS and MAPS
For Walks in Clark County, WA, please contact the point of contact for
the individual YRE (Year Round Event) walk by email for both the All
Weather Walkers and Vancouver USA Volkssporters. If you do not know who
the Point of Contact is, please feel free to contact Dick Baker or Ed
Hainline at the below email addresses.

For Walks in Oregon sponsored by CRVC contact Ed Hainline by email at
opahai...@gmail.com
For Walks in Oregon sponsored by Rose City Roamers contact Dick Baker by
email at dic...@q.com
For Walks in Oregon sponsored by Willamette Wanderers of Salem, contact
Julia Westerberg by e-mail at pjwest...@comcast.net

The maps and instructions will be sent to you via email.

========================
Print Publication for Northwest Volkssport Walks
$14 for 1 year (6 issues)
Send the $14 payable to Northwest Pathfinder to:
Send to: THE NORTHWEST PATHFINDER
c/o CHASE DAVIS
6623 RIVIERA COURT SE
LACEY WA 98513-4965