Corvallis Sat. - Albany Sun. - Salem Tue. - Wilsonville We’d.

1 view

Wendy Bumgardner

Sep 22, 2022, 11:28:30 AM9/22/22
to walko...@googlegroups.com
Sat, Sep 24th, 2022 Corvallis, Oregon
Fall Festival
Corvallis Cruisers
SANCTION #: SN: 122645
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 9 AM to Noon
DISTANCE: 5, 10km, Rating: 1A
Start: Corvallis Dog Park
Directions to the start table
205 SW B Ave, Corvallis, Oregon 97333. When entering Corvallis, turn south on 2nd Avenue to it's end at B Avenue.
Enjoy two 5 K loops through historic Corvallis.The walk will pass by Central Park where the Fall Festival will be held. Please note that NO DOGS are allowed in Central Park.
CONTACT: Rozy Weatherby
wr...@yahoo.com
(541) 981-3794
COUNTY: Benton County
SPECIAL PR: Centurion Achievement Challenge
IVV-Americas
Little Free Libraries
Rockin' Around the Clock
Town Halls / City Halls
Walking the United States - States
Walking the USA, A - Z
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Easy Wheelchairs: Medium
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY

Sun, September 25, Albany – “Talking Waters”
When: 9:00 am
Where: Talking Water Gardens, 577 Waverly Dr NE, Albany
Description: Walk includes the nationally recognized Talking Waters Garden (a 50-acre man-made wetlands park, re-purposed from a lumber mill), Waverly Lake Park and the two Swan Lakes in a residential neighborhood, all connected by Cox Creek. This walk often provides bird watching opportunities. Herons, geese, ducks and a wide range of small birds are often seen on this walk.
Driving directions: I-5 southbound, exit 234B, Right at next traffic light & left at next traffic light (Salem Rd), right on Davidson, right on Front which will join Waverly to the TWG parking lot. I-5 northbound: exit 234. Left on Knox Butte Rd and then follow above directions.
Info: Don, donre...@yahoo.com, 541-974-578
Please check Facebook or Fitwalkers calendar at: http://www.albanyfitwalkers.org/calendar.html
for any changes or updates

Tue, September 27, Minto-Brown
When: 9:00 am
Where: Minto-Brown Island Park, 2200 Minto Island Rd SW SE, Salem
Description: Minto-Brown Island Park, 5/10k, rated 1A, sponsored by Willamette Wanderers. The 10k has 2 5k loops, one of which is the 5k. You may view Deer, Bald Eagles and other small wildlife on this walk. You will also have a good view of an osprey nest. You will be walking on paved and nature trails. WOC: Nature, Nuts, Orchards, Parks, Pedestrian Bridge, Playgrounds, Rivers, Unique.
Driving directions: I-5 take exit 253, head to Salem City Center, continue three blocks on Mission to Commercial St, turn left onto Commercial Street and get into the right lane. Turn right onto Owens Street. Owens curves to the left and becomes River Road. Go for about a mile. Turn right onto Minto Island Road into park. Follow park roadway to the end at parking area 3. Walk begins at the information kiosk adjacent to parking area 3
Info: Don, donre...@yahoo.com, 541-974-5780
Please check Facebook or Fitwalkers calendar at: http://www.albanyfitwalkers.org/calendar.html
for any changes or updates

SEP 28 @ 9:10 am to 9:25 am (Wednesday)
WILSONVILLE, OR
Safeway, 8255 SE Wilsonville Rd.
Memorial Walk – YRE 550
Walk by the Korean Memorial, nice neighborhoods, trails in wooded areas and into city parks.
5 and 10 km - rated 2B
Dick Baker email dic...@q.com or 360-991-8806

Sat, Oct 1st, 2022 Happy Valley, Oregon
Happy Valley Hills & Hollows
East County Windwalkers
The walk travels through a large park with boardwalks through natural wetlands and through
neighborhoods and then along a creek and through nature areas.
SANCTION #: SN: 121660
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: GUIDED Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
DISTANCE: 5, 10(3B)km, Rating: 1A
CONTACT: Darrell and Genelle Lockwood
gml1...@comcast.net
(503) 760-3057
COUNTY: Clackamas County
SPECIAL PR: No special programs
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Hard Wheelchairs: Hard
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Start: Happy Valley Park
Directions to the start table
DIRECTIONS: I-205 NORTHBOUND: Exit #14 (Sunnyside Rd). RIGHT (east) on Sunnyside
Rd. Just past the Sunnyside Market Place, LEFT on 122nd, which curves into 129th. RIGHT on
King Rd. LEFT on 132nd. RIGHT on SE Ridgecrest Rd. RIGHT at Happy Valley Park. Start
point at back of park.I-205 SOUTHBOUND: Take Foster Rd EASTBOUND 3 4/10 miles. RIGHT
on 162nd. RIGHT on Clatsop St. LEFT on 145th. RIGHT on SE Ridgecrest Rd. Continue as
above.
Comments
The 5K walk travels on unimproved trails through Happy Valley Park and then through
neighborhoods and green space. The 10k walk continues on boardwalk through wetlands, goes
along Mt. Scott Creek and then up a 3 Block hills to reach breathtaking views of the valley. It then
continues downhill through nature areas.

You can find that information for any event, any state at the AVA.org site
https://my.ava.org/find-an-event.php

Albany Fitwalkers: donre...@yahoo.com 541-974-5780
Willamette Wanderers Thursday group walks - contact pjwest...@comcast.net
Rogue Valley Walkers: Pat Jewett 503-453-6018 scoutp...@gmail.com

Enjoy a Year-Round Walk Safely:
Walking is good for you. The State organization in Oregon (OTSVA) is encouraging individuals or couples walkers to walk the many clubs Year-Round- Events (YRE’s). Since many of the Starting Points are closed, it is recommended that you not sign in at this time but to just do the walk, keep track of the date and walk. When things get back to normal, you would then sign in, pay your fees, and stamp your event and distance books. For those who walk but do not keep books, you would just keep track of the walks and when this coronavirus is no longer a threat sign in and contribute what you wish to help support our organization.

TO GET INSTRUCTIONS and MAPS

For Walks in Clark County, WA, please contact the point of contact for the individual YRE (Year Round Event) walk by email for both the All Weather Walkers and Vancouver USA Volkssporters. If you do not know who the Point of Contact is, please feel free to contact Dick Baker or Ed Hainline at the below email addresses.

The maps and instructions will be sent to you via email.

Be courteous to everyone and spread health!

Print Publication for Northwest Volkssport Walks
$14 for 1 year (6 issues) Send the $14 payable to Northwest Pathfinder to:
Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
4430 S 263rd Street
Kent WA 98032

Include 9-digit zip code!!