Tues North Albany - Wed. Vancouver (Felida) - Sat. Brownsville

Wendy Bumgardner

Nov 28, 2022, 3:53:25 PM11/28/22
to walko...@googlegroups.com
Check these groups for walks (some may not be listed here)
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Walking-Oregon-and-SW-Washington/
https://www.meetup.com/Willamette-Valley-and-Mid-Coast-Walkers/
https://www.meetup.com/Rogue-Valley-Walkers-Meetup/

Tue, November 29 North Albany Trails and Hills
When: 10:00am – Register for this group walk: 9:45 – 10am
Where: North Albany County Park, 2800 Hillcrest Street NW Albany
Sponsored by: Albany Fitwalkers - 5/10k, rated 2A
Description: "Bringing water is advised since there is a certain percentage of gradient changes on this great nature walk with lots of great views of the surrounding valley."
Driving directions: From I-5 take Hwy 20 exit towards Corvallis, after crossing the Willamette River, turn right on North Albany Rd. Left at the Traffic Round on the third Exit (Gibson Hill Road). Right on Crocker Lane, Left on Valley View; Left on Hillcrest to first parking lot after curving to the left. Meet near the pavilion.
Info: Don,  donre...@yahoo.com, 541-974-578
Please check our Facebook or Fitwalkers Calendar at: http://www.albanyfitwalkers.org/calendar.html for any changes or up dates

Wednesday, November 30, 2022  Felida, Vancouver, WA group walk
Join us for a 5K or 10K guided walk. Route is on paved streets and sidewalk. Two 5km loops going through very nice residential areas and neighborhood parks. Will pass through Felida main street. The walk is rated 1A, easy. We walk about 3 miles per hour.
Register between 9:40 am - 9:55 am. Please arrive early to sign in so the walk can start at 10
Felida Community Park
3798 NW 122nd St · Vancouver, WA
Directions: I-5 Exit 5, NE 99th Street. Go West (Northbound left, Southbound right) on NE 99th Street. Right on NW Lakeshore Avenue (traffic light). Left on NW 122nd St to park entrance.
Please consider a $2.00 donation so we can continue our walks.
https://www.meetup.com/walking-oregon-and-sw-washington/events/289403424/

Sat, Dec 3rd, 2022 Brownsville OR, Oregon
Holiday festival
Albany Fitwalkers
SANCTION #: SN: 123901
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 9:00 am to noon finish by 3:00 pm
DISTANCE: 6, 10km, Rating: 2A
CONTACT: Donald Reed
donre...@yahoo.com
(541) 974-5780
COUNTY: Linn County
SPECIAL PR: Centurion Achievement Challenge
IVV-Americas
Little Free Libraries
Mayflower - 400th Anniversary Walk
Rockin' Around the Clock
Town Halls / City Halls
Walking the United States - States
Walking the USA, A - Z
Walking with America's Veterans
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: Hard
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Important event information
None provided
Directions to the start table
Brownsville City Hall. 255 N. Main Street Brownsville. Directions: From I-5, North or South Bound,
take exit 216. Go East on Hwy. 3.8 miles, Turn left on Main Street toward Downtown. Cross the
bridge and Left on Park Street. parking area behind the City Hall or along park Street. Start tables
will be in the rear entrance of the City hall building.
Comments
Come and celebrate the holidays in one of the oldest towns in Oregon and little changed, founded
in 1846. Stroll around the down town areas and highly decorated streets and visit the city center
featuring local crafters, artists, and bakers. with fresh cut evergreen wreaths and more. Also,
friends of the Library will be having their annual book sale 10am -2pm with incredible discount
prices

Sat, Dec 17th, 2022 Portland, Oregon
Christmas Ships Walk
Columbia River Volkssport Club
See the combined fleet of Christmas Boats and all their decorations.
SANCTION #: SN: 122761
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 2:30pm - 4:00pm (See Comments section)
DISTANCE: 5, 6, 10km, Rating: 1A
CONTACT: Judy Koonce/Ed Hainline
opahai...@gmail.com
(360) 921-1909
COUNTY: Multnomah County
SPECIAL PR: No special programs
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Hard Wheelchairs: No
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Important event information
None provided
Directions to the start table
2201 Lloyd Center, Portland, Oregon.I-5 Northbound: Exit 302A. At traffic light turn RIGHT on NE
Weidler to NE Tenth Avenue. RIGHT on NE Tenth, cross NE Halsey Street to Lloyd Center
Parking Garage. I-5 Southbound: Exit 302A. Turn LEFT on NE Weidler and continue as above
once you have turned onto NE Weidler.
Comments
2201 Lloyd Center, Portland.Start is at the Upper Level of the Lloyd Center in the Food Court
area.Parking is available using one of the parking garages of the Lloyd Center or using on street
partking - remember if using on street parking the parking meters are still active and will need
money to use them until 7:00pm.The combined Columbia River & Willamette River fleets are
scheduled to leave the staging area at Riverplace Marina at 4:30pm. By the Hawthorne Bridge
area and Waterfront Park.10k & 6k - Walkers will need to depart the Food Court in the Lloyd
Center NO LATER THAN 3.30pm if going the complete 10km route or the 6km route to be able to
get to the staging area of the boats to see them departing Riverplace Marina and going South
towards Lake Oswego. Best view of the boats for the 10k walkers will be in the middle of the
Tilikum Crossing Bridge. Best view for the 6.3k walkers will be at the viewing areas just past the
Hawthorne Bridge to see all the boats until they leave the staging area going under the Tilikum
Crossing Bridge 5km route walkers need to leave the Lloyd Center area NO LATER THAN
4:00pm, this will allow walkers doing the 5km route the opportunity to see the Columbia River
Fleet traveling down the Willamette River towards the Riverplace Marina to merge up with the
Willamette River Fleet.Dogs are not allowed inside the Lloyd Center, though they can be on the
walk after registration and you are back outside for the walk.Bring a FLASHLIGHT with You!
Suggest you bring an UMBRELLA as well! Last year it rained!The Meet and Greet (8pm) with the
Ships Captains at the Riverplace Marina has been cancelled for this year

Sat, Dec 31st, 2022 Portland, Oregon
New Years EVE
Columbia River Volkssport Club
Copyright 2022, Columbia River Volkssport Club Printed Jan 1st, 1970
End 2022 with a 5 or 10 km walk along the Willamette River. The walk has 2 loops - one going north
crossing the Tilikum Crossing Bridge and one going south entirely on the Willamette Greenway Trail.
SANCTION #: SN: 123475
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: GUIDED Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 8:30 to 9:00 am
DISTANCE: 5, 10km, Rating: 1A
CONTACT: Dick Baker
dic...@q.com
(360) 991-8806
COUNTY: Multnomah County
SPECIAL PR: No special programs
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: Hard
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Important event information
None provided
Directions to the start table
I-5 NORTHBOUND: Exit #298. RIGHT on Corbett. LEFT on Mitchell. LEFT on SW Macadam
Ave. RIGHT on Bancroft St. Park in The Old Spaghetti Factory parking lot away from main
entrance.I-5 SOUTHBOUND: Exit #299. Move to center lane, curves LEFT and then stop sign.
Continue STRAIGHT across SW Macadam Ave onto Bancroft St for 2 blocks to parking.15 S.
Bancroft St

Sun, Jan 1st, 2023 Vancouver, Washington
New Years Day Walk
Vancouver USA Volkssporters
This walk will have 3 different 5 km loops through nice neighborhood and community parks.
SANCTION #: SN: 123895
EVENT TYPE: Traditional Event: Walk
TIMES: Start table open: 10 am to noon for 10/15 km, 10 am to 1pm for 5 km
DISTANCE: 5, 10, 15(1B)km, Rating: 1A
CONTACT: Dick Baker
dic...@q.com
(360) 991-8806
COUNTY: Clark County
SPECIAL PR: No special programs
Restrooms: Yes Pets: Yes
Strollers: Medium Wheelchairs: No
AWARD: IVV CREDIT ONLY
Important event information
None provided
Directions to the start table
1900 NE 162nd Ave., B-107 I-205 take exit #27 (Camas/SR14)East to exit #8 (SE 164th Ave.)
LEFT on 164th Ave continue as it turns into 162nd Ave. for a toatl of 3 miles to NE 18th St. Left
on 18th St. then immediately right into shopping cwenter. McMenamins is located on the far NE
corner of the shopping cneter

You can find that information for any event, any state at the AVA.org site
https://my.ava.org/find-an-event.php

Albany Fitwalkers: donre...@yahoo.com 541-974-5780
Willamette Wanderers Thursday group walks - contact pjwest...@comcast.net
Rogue Valley Walkers: Pat Jewett 503-453-6018 scoutp...@gmail.com

TO GET YEAR-ROUND WALK INSTRUCTIONS and MAPS
For Walks in Clark County, WA, please contact the point of contact for the individual YRE (Year Round Event) walk by email for both the All Weather Walkers and Vancouver USA Volkssporters. If you do not know who the Point of Contact is, please feel free to contact Dick Baker or Ed Hainline at the below email addresses.

The maps and instructions will be sent to you via email.

========================
Print Publication for Northwest Volkssport Walks
$14 for 1 year (6 issues)
Send the $14 payable to Northwest Pathfinder to:
Send to: THE NORTHWEST PATHFINDER
c/o CHASE DAVIS
6623 RIVIERA COURT SE
LACEY WA 98513-4965