Calling programmatically methods of walkmod cleaner code plugin from a java project

Simranjit Kaur

Feb 27, 2016, 6:28:38 AM2/27/16
to walkmod
I m creating a java plugin project which takes another java project as input.This plugin project needs to call methods of walkmod plugin so that my custom plugin which programmatically call walkmod plugin and clean the code of the input java project.How can i do this?Pls give suggestions.

walkmod

Feb 28, 2016, 6:03:57 AM2/28/16
to walkmod
Hi,

What kind of Java plugin? A basic Java program? In this case, you should include the Maven dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.walkmod</groupId>
  <artifactId>walkmod-cmd</artifactId>
  <version>2.2.0</version>
</dependency>

An then, use the WalkModFacade class methods. I would like to know which is the difference of using your Java program than walkmod directly. Could you explain this a little bit? Remember that Walkmod is LGPL v3 and therefore, your code as well.

Regards,