Safe Roads Awareness Week - Volunteers Needed por favor

Per Johnson

Mar 17, 2014, 5:33:14 PM3/17/14
to walkbik...@googlegroups.com, bilkayt
Hi y'all,

Myself and others have been working on a Safe Roads Awareness Week which will take place March 25th - 28th.  Information on the week and all events can be found here (http://wedgwoodcc.org/safe-roads-awareness-week).

The week kicks off with a walk on Tuesday, March 25th beginning at 3PM at Top Pot Doughnuts with the rally following at 4:15PM on the Eckstein Middle School front lawn in memory of Dennis and Judy Schulte who were killed at that intersection.  Several great speakers will be present and local media are expected.  There may even be some free doughnuts (maybe...).  We really encourage everyone to join us for both the rally and walk.

The week ends with a major SDOT announcement as they formally launch their Lake City Way Traffic Safety Project on Friday, March 28th.

There's a variety of other events going on that week too to bring greater attention to the need for safer roads...Of particular interest to this email, I wanted to let you know that the Wedgwood Community Council will be making signs to remind drivers (and all road users) about the dangers of distracted driving, safe speeds, and the need to share the road.  We would LOVE everyone who is willing to help make signs and/or volunteer for a shift on Wed, Thur, of Fri between 7:30-8:15PM or 4:15-5PM to hold signs at the intersection of NE 75th St and 35th Ave NE.  All volunteers will get a super sweet Safe Roads Awareness Week t-shirt, along with the excellent karma that comes along with volunteerism.  Everyone is invited, including the kiddos, to volunteer.  A sign making event will take place this Saturday.  If interested please email Bilkay Taner-Rose (bil...@hotmail.com) to let her know you're coming.

Thanks!
Per Johnson