Ballard Bikes

Jessi

Jan 15, 2014, 8:23:37 PM1/15/14
to walkbik...@googlegroups.com
Hey, does anyone know who to contact in Ballard now that Shannon has moved on to Cascade?

Thanks for your help,

Jessica Lucas
The Seattle Public Library

Karen Dugan

Jan 15, 2014, 9:06:13 PM1/15/14
to srcs...@gmail.com, walkbik...@googlegroups.com
I had no idea that Shannon dropped out of that loop! I would contact Walker Lockhart or Babette Saltzman.  You can also direct questions my way.

Karen

Shannon Koller

Jan 16, 2014, 2:15:20 AM1/16/14
to Karen Dugan, srcs...@gmail.com, walkbik...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm still here!  I started working for Cascade Bicycle Club in Oct. in the Education department, so hope to be in the position of being able to better support all of the important work that is happening in our communities around active transportation.  I've just hired Khatsini Simani, who has Safe Routes to School experience and has worked in youth leadership development.  One of her responsibilities as a permanent staff member will be to support and encourage the Bike to School movement.

Many of you may have seen the announcement that Cascade is collaborating with Washington Bikes (formerly Bike Alliance of Washington) to bring together bike to school leaders from around the region by hosting a meeting on Sat, Feb 8th.  We hope to draw community leaders from south Seattle, eastside, Edmonds and beyond to join forces with the efforts here.  The intent is not to duplicate the work of walk.bike.schools, but to join together a wider audience around our shared interests--more butts on bikes, riding on safe streets.  Look forward to working with you all.

Shannon