Green Your School Fair

1 view

Kimberly Christensen

Sep 16, 2013, 5:39:10 PM9/16/13
to walkbik...@googlegroups.com

Hello Walk.Bike.Schools Parents,

As I mentioned last week, I have organized a Green Your School Fair, taking place on Tuesday, September 24th from 6:30-8:30 at Lincoln High School in Wallingford.

As part of the fair, I will have designated areas where parents who are interested in a particular type of project can congregate to learn from one another. I would love to have the transportation area well seeded with parents who are already doing this amazing work. Do you have walking school bus rules and know-how that you would be willing to share? Can you give tips for how to urban bike with students? Have you successfully applied for an SDOT grant and done some cool projects with it?

If you are willing to wear a name tag that says “Ask me about walking or biking to school,” I hope that you will come to the fair! An RSVO would be awesome, but I would take you on the spur of the moment as well. And, you don’t have to engage with people the whole time – I hope you will also peruse the other projects that are being showcased so that you can learn about waste reduction, energy savings, school gardens and more.

Also, if you can spread the word to your school/parent community, that would be terrific. I have attached the flier and the sample email is below. The Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/159933577538244/

Thank you so much!

Kimberly from APP@Lincoln

You are invited to the first annual

GREEN Your School Fair

Tuesday, September 24th

6:30-8:30

Lincoln High School Cafeteria

4400 Interlake Ave. N 98103

Thinking about starting a walking school bus, school garden, lunchroom recycling & compost program or other green project at your school? Do you want to talk with other parents, educators and students who have done a similar project that their school? Do you need funding, signs or other resources? This fair is for you!

Drop-in any time from 6:30-8:30 to meet other sustainability-minded parents, students and educators, and to find community resources that can help make your project a success.

If your school is willing to share its success story or your organization would like to provide community resources, please reserve a table by Friday, September 20th. Email KimberlyC...@live.com or find us on Facebook—Green Your School Seattle.

Hosted by the APP@Lincoln Green Team, Washington Green Schools, SPS Resource Conservation Department and CoolMom.

Green Your School Fair2.pdf