West Woodland bike rodeo last Sunday

Polly Freeman

May 9, 2014, 1:39:12 PM5/9/14
to walkbik...@googlegroups.com, Shannon Koller

West Woodland bike rodeo rides on rain or shine!

Thanks to determined bikers and dedicated volunteers, the West Woodland bike rodeo hosted 45 kids and their families on Sunday, May 4, despite threatening and showery skies. After getting their helmets checked and bikes tuned by our team of experts, West Woodland wheelers tested their skills at six bike safety stations and chose from stickers, water bottles and patch kits donated by Free Range and Gregg’s Cycles.

The rodeo was made even more fun with decadent donuts and coffee donated by Top Pot and fruit donated by Ballard Market. All riders who completed the stations were also entered in a drawing for cool NiteIze spoke lights. We have a great team of experienced volunteers who were undeterred by the rain, which makes the event easy and fun each year. We also had a good crew of Ballard High School volunteers earning community service hours by helping at the rodeo.

bike rodeo 2014 d.jpg