Herbert John Philipps b abt 1795

ludovica

Jun 20, 2001, 4:49:42 AM6/20/01
My great grandmother Jane Caroline (Philipps) born Southampton1859 was
insistent that she was one ell three pee's She also insistend that her
father Horatio born guernsey 1830 had told her his father Herbert John
Philipps was a scion of the great welsh family of that name, and connected
to Picton Castle. In the IGI I can only find herbert John "born about 1795
Carmarthen mother Jane Rowland" father is marked simply as philipps I also
found richard, and griffith martin as his brothers, I discover that these
are sheets entered speculatively by other researchers, BUT I WANT TO KNOW
who submitted it? what is the evidence? etc etc
Any ideas? Im new to usenet btw .Another family legend states that our
philipps was someone important in the navy though i suppose that is relative
to ones status. possibly a ships surgeon though during napoleonic wars?