Trace Ancestors

1 view

John Evans

Feb 16, 2001, 9:39:31 PM2/16/01
Hello, My Name is John Evans and I would like to trace my roots. My Great
Grandfather came to Australia on 14 May 1870 on the first steamship "Great
Britain" that left Liverpool in 1869. William was Baptised on March 15
1835 in Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd County Denbiegh. William Married Martha
Williams on 6 May 1859 and had Five children before coming to Australia,
with my Grandfather being their first born in Australia he was born 12 June
1870 About One Month after their Arrival.

Williams Parents were Evan Evans a Game Keeper date of birth unkown and
Maria Jones (2nd Wife) no details on Marriage date or her date of birth.

Marthas Parents were Joseph Williams and Mary Roose all that is known of
them is that he was a Bard and that she was of English extraction.

As this is the Centenary of Federation in Australia and a relative informed
me of a Genealogy data base being organised called First Families, I have
found myself trying to do more about the family history. If you can help
in my quest I would be Greatfull.

Thank you

John Evans
qu...@ozemial.com.au