Request from "Woman" magazine - have you never moved house!

Huw Pritchard

Nov 18, 2001, 11:46:08 AM11/18/01
The following interesting request was sent to the Caernarvonshire Historical
Society e-mail address, and because I thought it was so interesting, I'm
taking the liberty of forwarding it in the hope that it will not be
considered spam.

Hello, my name is Adrian Monti and I am a freelance feature writer who works
for the women's weekly magazine WOMAN. I am putting together an article
which I wondered if you might be able to help with or point me in the right
direction. It would be great if you could help via what I imagine are your
excellent local knowledge and contacts. The feature is about families who
have lived in the same house for 100 years ( or a year or so less won't
really matter!). The idea being the great grandchildren or children say who
live in the same house that their parents or great grandparents moved into
100 years or more ago. Therefore, at least one member of the family has
lived in the house for a century (i.e it hasn't passed outside the family in
that time). It's one of those features where if you either know of the right
person it would be great, but it's a bit tricky if no one immediately
springs to mind. Whoever takes part gets PAID for their time and trouble and
of course gets their story in the magazine in their own words and is
photographed for it too. It should be fun as well as interesting. Please
feel free to circulate my details to anyone who you think can help. I am on
01273 777693 and work from home, or can be emailed on
adr...@amonti.freeserve.co.uk

Caernarvonshire Historical Society
Cymdeithas Hanes Sir Gaernarfon

General enquiries/Ymholiadau cyffredinol
The Secretary, Gwynedd Archives, County Offices, Caernarfon LL55 1SH, UK
+44 (0)1286 679088
Yr Ysgrifennydd, Archifau Gwynedd, Swyddfa'r Sir, Caernarfon LL55 1SH, DU
+44 (0)1286 679088

Membership Enquiries/Ymholiadau Aelodaeth
The Membership Secretary, Hyfrydle, Caernarfon Road, Y Felinheli LL56 4NJ UK
+44 (0)1248 670247
Yr Ysgrifennydd Aelodaeth, Hyfrydle, Ffordd Caernarfon, Y Felinheli LL56 4NJ
DU
+44 (0)1248 670247

E-mail/E-bost
caernarvonshireh...@btinternet.com