Rhymney & Bedwelty BMD's

Ron O'Brien

Jul 31, 2008, 5:25:42 AM7/31/08
I am having problems finding birth details of my Great Grandmother Mary
Elizabeth Morris, little is known about her. The only reference to her date
& place of birth comes from 1901 census and her marriage certificate, and
there are discrepancies between the dates of birth. which means we are
looking at her birth being between 1874 - 1876. I have her father's name on
the marriage cert. as Edward - deceased, no idea of his age/death no idea of
her mother or if she has siblings. Indeed a distant relative seemed to think
she was brought up in a home, never knowing her parents.

I find her aged 16 on the 1891 census in Cheshire, but cannot find her on
the 1881 at all.

On the 1901 census (Wrexham, North Wales) she is a servant on a farm and is
stated to have been born in Rhymney, South Wales.

The only Mary Elizabeth I can find on the BMD indexes is Apr-June 1876
listed as Bedwelty - does anyone know if this is where someone believed to
have been born in Rhymney, would be registered?

--
Ron O'Brien

Owen Rees

Jul 31, 2008, 3:51:31 PM7/31/08
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:25:42 +0100, "Ron O'Brien"
<cast...@ntlworld.com> wrote in <vyfkk.428$hR4...@newsfe24.ams2>:

>The only Mary Elizabeth I can find on the BMD indexes is Apr-June 1876
>listed as Bedwelty - does anyone know if this is where someone believed to
>have been born in Rhymney, would be registered?

See <http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/bedwelty.html>.
Rhymney is listed as a sub-district but I think the note means a birth
in 1876 in Rhymney would be under Bedwelty in the register.

--
Owen Rees
[one of] my preferred email address[es] and more stuff can be

Ron O'Brien

Aug 1, 2008, 7:09:07 AM8/1/08
Thanks Owen, it looks like my gut feeling was right, I'll try getting that
certificate

Ron

"Owen Rees" <or...@hotmail.com> wrote in message