Wal-e in Windows 10 machine

Gokulan

Oct 28, 2019, 1:52:57 PM10/28/19
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

I'm Gokulan, Software Engineer at Infosys, India.

I just wanted to know about archiving WAL files of Postgres using Wal-e.

Is it possible to do the same in my windows 10 operating system machine equipped with PostgreSQL 10.6? Kindly help me here with the inputs.

Thanks!
Gokulan

Daniel Farina

Oct 28, 2019, 2:07:26 PM10/28/19
to goku...@gmail.com, wal-e
Frankly...I have never tried nor endeavored to support Windows. I suspect some of the pipe stuff may prove a problem.

The Postgres version is not as relevant. You could also try WAL-G, which avoids pipes, but may have other unix platform requirements.

Gokulan

Oct 29, 2019, 12:05:58 AM10/29/19
to Daniel Farina, wal-e
Thanks Daniel for the inputs. Let me read through Wal-g and get back to you.