Issues #4 & #5 can be closed

Reuben Thomas

Jun 12, 2012, 12:24:51 PM6/12/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
I believe issues #4 & #5 on code.google.com can be closed, as I can't
reproduce them in current hg.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 12, 2012, 4:02:35 PM6/12/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> I believe issues #4 & #5 on code.google.com can be closed, as I can't
> reproduce them in current hg.

Same with #6 and #8.

Me hopes hoping Graham is reading, since he's the only one with the
powers to close, other than OP.

Graham Williams

Jun 13, 2012, 4:09:57 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Done.

Reuben Thomas

Jun 13, 2012, 4:58:27 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On 12 June 2012 21:02, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
>> I believe issues #4 & #5 on code.google.com can be closed, as I can't
>> reproduce them in current hg.
>
> Same with #6 and #8.

Actually, I don't believe #8 is fixed; see my comment on the bug.

Graham, can you give Tshepang the power to deal with bugs on code.google.com?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 13, 2012, 5:07:06 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> Graham, can you give Tshepang the power to deal with bugs on code.google.com?

Actually, I don't know what's the need to have 1 more place to report
wajig bugs, given there's already Debian BTS and Launchpad. I'd rather
have Google code tracker closed (if possible) to avoid such
fragmentation.

Reuben Thomas

Jun 13, 2012, 5:08:23 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Fine by me; I'm sorry, I hadn't realised wajig was on Launchpad. Maybe
you can copy the two remaining issues (#7 & #8) across to launchpad?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 13, 2012, 5:13:57 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I really dislike Launchpad, and avoid interacting with it if
I can (you can move the issues if you don't mind). I do keep track of
the bugs though, so I get mailed whenever there's a change.

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 13, 2012, 5:14:46 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> On 12 June 2012 21:02, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
>>> I believe issues #4 & #5 on code.google.com can be closed, as I can't
>>> reproduce them in current hg.
>>
>> Same with #6 and #8.
>
> Actually, I don't believe #8 is fixed; see my comment on the bug.

forgive me; I should be more careful next time

Reuben Thomas

Jun 13, 2012, 5:19:46 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Actually, issue #7 can be closed.

Graham, would it be better to delete the code.google.com project, if
wajig is in fact being developed on Launchpad? Or am I confused here?
In any case, it would seem better to have a single point of contact
for releases, issue tracking &c.

I've copied (my) issue #8 to Launchpad.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 13, 2012, 5:29:20 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> On 13 June 2012 22:14, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Actually, I don't believe #8 is fixed; see my comment on the bug.
>>
>> forgive me; I should be more careful next time
>
> Actually, issue #7 can be closed.

yeah, maybe; I would rather wait a bit for the OP to acknowledge my
reply, just to make sure he read it

> Graham, would it be better to delete the code.google.com project, if
> wajig is in fact being developed on Launchpad? Or am I confused here?
> In any case, it would seem better to have a single point of contact
> for releases, issue tracking &c.

Nah, it's not developed on Launchpad. It just has bug reports there,
since it's included in Ubuntu (is that what u use BTW?). It's
developed on Google code. (repeating myself) I just thought since
there's already Launchpad & Debian BTS, we don't need a 3rd place.

> I've copied (my) issue #8 to Launchpad.

Good stuff.

Reuben Thomas

Jun 13, 2012, 5:31:49 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On 13 June 2012 22:29, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nah, it's not developed on Launchpad. It just has bug reports there,
> since it's included in Ubuntu (is that what u use BTW?).

Yes, I use Ubuntu. But bug reports to Ubuntu should surely end up in a
different place, as they will include bug reports about the packaging,
as well as "real" reports that should be forwarded upstream.

> It's
> developed on Google code. (repeating myself) I just thought since
> there's already Launchpad & Debian BTS, we don't need a 3rd place.

OK, then should the Launchpad tracker be turned off and a message
added to explain where to file bugs?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 13, 2012, 5:37:21 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> On 13 June 2012 22:29, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Nah, it's not developed on Launchpad. It just has bug reports there,
>> since it's included in Ubuntu (is that what u use BTW?).
>
> Yes, I use Ubuntu. But bug reports to Ubuntu should surely end up in a
> different place, as they will include bug reports about the packaging,
> as well as "real" reports that should be forwarded upstream.

Well, one thing about wajig is that it actually is a Debian native
package, and I like it that way since it makes packaging easier. That
also makes sense since it's practically not used anywhere outside of
Debian and Ubuntu.

>> It's
>> developed on Google code. (repeating myself) I just thought since
>> there's already Launchpad & Debian BTS, we don't need a 3rd place.
>
> OK, then should the Launchpad tracker be turned off and a message
> added to explain where to file bugs?

No, LP should remain, since that's what Ubuntu users 'should' use,
much like Debian users should use BTS. Why bother them with
yet-another tracker.

Reuben Thomas

Jun 13, 2012, 5:39:18 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On 13 June 2012 22:37, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's
>>> developed on Google code. (repeating myself) I just thought since
>>> there's already Launchpad & Debian BTS, we don't need a 3rd place.
>>
>> OK, then should the Launchpad tracker be turned off and a message
>> added to explain where to file bugs?
>
> No, LP should remain, since that's what Ubuntu users 'should' use,
> much like Debian users should use BTS. Why bother them with
> yet-another tracker.

I'm sorry, I meant, should the code.google.com tracker be turned off?
(Not Launchpad!)

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Jun 13, 2012, 5:46:32 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think so. And it appears that it can disabled if one is admin.
Let's await Graham's opinion.

Graham Williams

Jun 13, 2012, 9:40:46 PM6/13/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com

I agree we could/should close google code issues section. It has never seriously taken off and launch pad and bts are the right places. Indeed the Bug command of wajig should submit to the relevant bug tracker.