Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

da leggere,
7 ott 2014, 03:18:3507/10/14
a Reuben Thomas, wa...@googlegroups.com
I see that "wajig stop "TAB presents wajig sub-commands as completion
entries, instead of installed package names. It's strange because I
don't see a difference between it and "start" and "restart", which all
behave properly. Could you please have a look. The file now lives in
debian/wajig.bash-completion in VCS.

Reuben Thomas

da leggere,
5 dic 2014, 17:02:5305/12/14
a Tshepang Lekhonkhobe, wa...@googlegroups.com
I just found time to look at this. It took me a while to find the current repo on Bitbucket, maybe document this somewhere?

The file still lives in `bash-completion`; `debian/wajig.bash-completion` is just a symlink to that.

I attach a patch which fixes the issue, you'll see why it came about. Probably a comment should be added to prevent someone re-adding it by well-intentioned neatening of the source.

Finally, although you said you moved the completions file to the right place, and I can find the commit where you did this, in the 2.17 package it is still installed under /etc/bash_completions.d.

bash-completions-special.patch

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

da leggere,
9 dic 2014, 10:15:5009/12/14
On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> On 7 October 2014 at 08:18, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I see that "wajig stop "TAB presents wajig sub-commands as completion
>> entries, instead of installed package names. It's strange because I
>> don't see a difference between it and "start" and "restart", which all
>> behave properly. Could you please have a look. The file now lives in
>> debian/wajig.bash-completion in VCS.
>

> I just found time to look at this. It took me a while to find the current
> repo on Bitbucket, maybe document this somewhere?

There is 'wajig readme wajig' that tells you how to checkout wajig.
You can push a change I guess to make it more obvious.

> The file still lives in `bash-completion`; `debian/wajig.bash-completion` is
> just a symlink to that.
>
> I attach a patch which fixes the issue, you'll see why it came about.
> Probably a comment should be added to prevent someone re-adding it by
> well-intentioned neatening of the source.

May I give you push privileges to the repo? If so, I would like it it
you would please push this change. Else please re-do it using
something like hg diff (against tip), because it doesn't apply.

> Finally, although you said you moved the completions file to the right
> place, and I can find the commit where you did this, in the 2.17 package it
> is still installed under /etc/bash_completions.d.

I ended up using a debhelper thing that still uses
/etc/bash_completions.d. I think that's better than specifying this in
a makefile, so when it moves (again), we won't have to care.

Reuben Thomas

da leggere,
9 dic 2014, 12:22:4609/12/14
a wa...@googlegroups.com
On 9 December 2014 at 15:15, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> On 7 October 2014 at 08:18, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I see that "wajig stop "TAB presents wajig sub-commands as completion
>> entries, instead of installed package names. It's strange because I
>> don't see a difference between it and "start" and "restart", which all
>> behave properly. Could you please have a look. The file now lives in
>> debian/wajig.bash-completion in VCS.
>

> I just found time to look at this. It took me a while to find the current
> repo on Bitbucket, maybe document this somewhere?

There is 'wajig readme wajig' that tells you how to checkout wajig.
You can push a change I guess to make it more obvious.

The trouble here is that I read the README but didn't see anything that looked like a URL; I didn't know about debcheckout. What would have helped is a link from the web page.

May I give you push privileges to the repo?

Please do, I'm r...@sc3d.org on bitbucket.

If so, I would like it it
you would please push this change. Else please re-do it using
something like hg diff (against tip), because it doesn't apply.

It's just reversed AFAICT, sorry.

I ended up using a debhelper thing that still uses
/etc/bash_completions.d. I think that's better than specifying this in
a makefile, so when it moves (again), we won't have to care.

Is there a bug filed against that tool? It's frustrating, but using an out-of-date tool doesn't really exempt one from following policy!

--

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

da leggere,
10 dic 2014, 06:15:0110/12/14
a wa...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM, 'Reuben Thomas' via wajig
<wa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> On 9 December 2014 at 15:15, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:

>> > I just found time to look at this. It took me a while to find the
>> > current
>> > repo on Bitbucket, maybe document this somewhere?
>>
>> There is 'wajig readme wajig' that tells you how to checkout wajig.
>> You can push a change I guess to make it more obvious.
>

> The trouble here is that I read the README but didn't see anything that
> looked like a URL; I didn't know about debcheckout. What would have helped
> is a link from the web page.

The website is taken care of by Graham Williams. You can add this info
to the README if you don't mind.

>> May I give you push privileges to the repo?
>

> Please do, I'm r...@sc3d.org on bitbucket.

done!

> Is there a bug filed against that tool? It's frustrating, but using an
> out-of-date tool doesn't really exempt one from following policy!

me gots no idea :)

Reuben Thomas

da leggere,
10 dic 2014, 06:37:4310/12/14
a wa...@googlegroups.com
On 10 December 2014 at 11:14, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

The website is taken care of by Graham Williams. You can add this info
to the README if you don't mind.

I don't understand, the information is already in the README (simply not in a form I recognised). I'll suggest to Graham that he add a link to the web site.

> Is there a bug filed against that tool? It's frustrating, but using an
> out-of-date tool doesn't really exempt one from following policy!

me gots no idea :)

I suggest you file one then!

--

Reuben Thomas