before releasing wajig 2.6

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

May 23, 2012, 5:09:28 PM5/23/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Due to the recent changes:

* changing from UPPERCASE to normal
* improving bash-completion

I'm thinking I should release wajig 2.6 soon, but I'd like to fix the
NEW command first
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=670687). Should not
take me too long.

But I'm thinking this is rather thin (3 main changes) so was wondering
what else I can include. Do you have suggestions (and patches)?

I'm also interested in clean-up proposals. I think there's commands
that no one uses or cares enough about (there's ~100 afaik). I know
because some have been broken for quite a long time, and no one
complained (or thanked me for fixing them). There's also those that
can be merge with each other, or those which can simply be offered as
a switch. e.g:

before: wajig showinstall
after: wajig install --simulate

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

May 23, 2012, 5:11:17 PM5/23/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
<tshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also interested in clean-up proposals. I think there's commands
> that no one uses or cares enough about (there's ~100 afaik).

Okay, I meant there's about a 100 wajig (sub)commands in total.

Reuben Thomas

May 23, 2012, 5:16:24 PM5/23/12
to wa...@googlegroups.com
I would try running a long-list past those of us on this mailing list. Whatever no-one objects to you could mark as deprecated, for removal in a certain time-frame (say, a year). This is the sort of approach that SoX (which has a similar large command set) has used successfully to evolve its command-set.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org