Update web page? Use apt?

Reuben Thomas

Dec 14, 2015, 12:56:37 PM12/14/15
to wa...@googlegroups.com
A couple of thoughts:

​1. Now that the Google Code project is archived, time to update the web page to point to the new repo?

​2. Is it worth using apt rather than apt-get? Apt claims to improve things in a non-backwards-compatible-way, so this should be approached carefully, but surely wajig also is a tool whose behaviour can gradually be changed (for example, one doesn't expect to use it from sysadmin scripts)?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Dec 18, 2015, 5:29:58 AM12/18/15
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 7:56 PM, 'Reuben Thomas' via wajig
<wa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> 2. Is it worth using apt rather than apt-get? Apt claims to improve things
> in a non-backwards-compatible-way, so this should be approached carefully,
> but surely wajig also is a tool whose behaviour can gradually be changed
> (for example, one doesn't expect to use it from sysadmin scripts)?

Some people do use it in scripts. Also, I did want to move it to use
"/usr/bin/apt", but the warning about the non-backwards-compatible
made me put it off. I imagine that's a temporary warming, so will
simply wait.

Karl Schmidt

Dec 29, 2015, 2:59:51 PM12/29/15
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Not a big deal - but should be easy to fix:

wajig details lios_2.0_all.deb
E: Unable to locate package lios_2.0_all.deb

It is looking at the file name as a package name --

Probably should run this instead:

# dpkg -I lios_2.0_all.deb
new debian package, version 2.0.
size 50162 bytes: control archive=2017 bytes.
882 bytes, 16 lines control
3173 bytes, 38 lines md5sums
192 bytes, 9 lines * postinst #!/bin/sh
209 bytes, 11 lines * prerm #!/bin/sh
Package: lios
Section: graphics
Installed-Size: 240
Architecture: all
Version: 2.0
Depends:
tesseract-ocr,imagemagick,cuneiform,python3-espeak,python3-imaging-sane,espeak,poppler-utils,python3-enchant,aspell-en
Provides: N.x.L
Maintainer: Nalin.x.Linux <Nalin....@Gmail.com>
Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lios/
Lios is a free and open source software for converting print in to text using either scanner,
camera, or screenshot,
It can also produce text out of scanned images from other sources such as Pdf,
Image or Folder containing Images. Program is given total accessibility for visually impaired.
Lios is written in python3,
and we release it under GPL-3 license. There are great many possibilities for this program,
Feedback is the key to it, Expecting your feedback Nalin....@Gmail.com

Link to our website and get free US-48 shipping on your next order.

Karl Schmidt EMail Ka...@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc. WEB https://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049 FAX (785) 841-3089

I can live for two months on a good compliment. -- Mark Twain