Fwd: wajig: purge-removed doesn't work for packages with different arch

Reuben Thomas

Apr 16, 2014, 4:40:10 PM4/16/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if the maintainers ever saw this. Actually, this bug can be quite nasty: it can make you think when upgrading, for example, that lots of packages have to be removed (and will remove them if left to its own devices). (I often run wajig purge-orphans during an upgrade, to make sure I end up with a clean set of packages.)

Apr 18, 2014, 2:22:37 AM4/18/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Reuben Thomas <r...@sc3d.org> wrote:
> I don't know if the maintainers ever saw this. Actually, this bug can be
> quite nasty: it can make you think when upgrading, for example, that lots of
> packages have to be removed (and will remove them if left to its own
> devices). (I often run wajig purge-orphans during an upgrade, to make sure I
> end up with a clean set of packages.)

[snip https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=691857]

Yeah, it's an interesting one. Will have a look at some point (no ETA
though). Good that you brought this up again... I can't remember if I
ever looked at at it properly.

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

May 11, 2014, 4:08:13 AM5/11/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Interestingly, it was a one-line-fix:
https://bitbucket.org/tshepang/wajig/commits/5ced689f269f1c77c02a857943dce8456b3ba2cf.
I have uploaded the fixed package to Debian.

Reuben Thomas

May 11, 2014, 12:36:27 PM5/11/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much.