Wagtail 4.1.7 (LTS) released

Matthew Westcott

Sep 27, 2023, 9:28:01 AM9/27/23
to wag...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
For developers following the 4.1 Long Term Support branch - we've just released a new patch release, 4.1.7. The only change in this version is to relax the dependency on Willow to permit installing current versions of Pillow with up-to-date security fixes:

https://docs.wagtail.org/en/v4.1.7/releases/4.1.7.html
https://osv.dev/vulnerability/PYSEC-2023-175

Cheers,
- Matt

Matthew Westcott

Sep 28, 2023, 7:58:44 AM9/28/23
to wag...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the fix in 4.1.7 was not quite complete - we've now put out a follow-up release 4.1.8 that correctly allows upgrading to Pillow 10.x:
https://docs.wagtail.org/en/v4.1.8/releases/4.1.8.html
Again this is a recommended update for all developers following the 4.1 Long Term Support branch.

Cheers,
- Matt