Wagtail 4.0rc1 released

Matthew Westcott

Aug 12, 2022, 9:41:08 AM8/12/22
to wag...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Wagtail 4.0 Release Candidate 1 is now out! The design refresh started in 3.0 is now completed, along with numerous other features that make this possibly our biggest release ever: rich text improvements, live preview, global setting models, Django 4.1 support and much more.

For the full feature list, see: https://docs.wagtail.org/en/latest/releases/4.0.html

As always, we'd like to invite you all to try it out on your development and staging sites to help us catch any remaining niggles before the final 4.0 release (in a couple of weeks' time). To install: pip install wagtail==4.0rc1 or set wagtail==4.0rc1 in your requirements file. For general advice on upgrading, please see: https://docs.wagtail.org/en/latest/releases/upgrading.html

Cheers,
- Matt