Upgrading old Site

lord OfTheRams

May 29, 2016, 1:56:50 AM5/29/16
to Wagtail support
Hello!

I'm kind of stuck upgrading an old Wagtail Site and could not find much docs about that. The website just outputs some error messages. Seems like some database fields are missing. I ran migrate but it does not find any pending changes. What is the "normal" way o upgrading a site? Just run manage.py - U wagtail? Or should I create a new site and copy the contents? Is it possible to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4.5 directly?

Thanks in advance
Werner

Daniel

May 29, 2016, 5:50:58 AM5/29/16
to Wagtail support
Hello,

You should upgrade one version each time.
Read the Upgrade considerations sections for each version here:

Hope it  helps.

lord OfTheRams

May 29, 2016, 11:35:45 AM5/29/16
to Wagtail support
Thanks for your help Daniel! I read the release notes and upgrade considerations. I still get the error:

OperationalError at /admin/

no such column: wagtailcore_site.site_name

I think that means that some migration of the database did not run correctly. Still makemigrations says 'no changes detected'. The site is just a simple blog from the getting started from the docs.
Any idea what the problem could be?

lord OfTheRams

May 29, 2016, 4:08:37 PM5/29/16
to Wagtail support

OK, just in case anybody has the same problem. I solved it by deleting the last entries from the django_migrations table and then ran manage.py migrate again.

Programation Sea

Sep 24, 2021, 7:21:17 AM9/24/21
to Wagtail support
hello every one i have an error. when i enter the admin portal and i connect to my admin account it showing me an error.
the error: OperationalError at /admin/ no such column: dashboard_userdashboardmodule.user
if u wanna a screen shot or a file just tell me.