Wagtail 2.14rc1 released (and 2.12.6, 2.13.4)

Matthew Westcott

Jul 13, 2021, 9:37:01 AM7/13/21
to wag...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm pleased to announce that the first release candidate of Wagtail 2.14 is now available! In contrast to the last few releases there are no dramatic changes this time, but you'll find plenty of features to improve your lives as Wagtail developers, as well as resolutions to some very long-standing bugs...

https://docs.wagtail.io/en/latest/releases/2.14.html

As always, we'd really appreciate it if you'd test this release candidate against your development / staging sites, to help us catch any issues in advance of the final 2.14 release, due at the start of August. To install, set wagtail==2.14rc1 in your requirements file.

For general upgrading instructions, please see: https://docs.wagtail.io/en/latest/releases/upgrading.html

In other news, we've released Wagtail 2.12.6 and 2.13.4 today, to address an error that may arise when running the migrations to upgrade from a pre-2.12 release. If you're already happily running 2.12.x or 2.13.x then there's no real need to upgrade to this one, but if you're on an earlier release then you now have one less reason not to upgrade :-)

Cheers,
- Matt