waggle dance with regex mapped-databases error

Hongyan He

Dec 2, 2021, 8:53:38 AM12/2/21
to Waggle Dance User
The situation is that, i hve two metatores, one named a which is the primary metastore, the other is b which is the federation, and both of them have same database called ssb, i use regex in a with   mapped-databases : ^(?!.*?ssb).*$ and in b with  mapped-databases : ssb,  but when i use show database, it display ssb twice,the result is:
default,ssb,ssb, is it a bug?

pat...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2021, 9:34:33 AM12/3/21
to Waggle Dance User
regex looks ok, I checked that with the code I think it should match as you expect.

If they get the same name it should throw this exception: https://github.com/ExpediaGroup/waggle-dance/blob/main/waggle-dance-core/src/main/java/com/hotels/bdp/waggledance/mapping/service/impl/StaticDatabaseMappingService.java#L185

So not sure what's going that it doesn't trigger. Best to raise an issue in the github repo if possible with a failing unit test.

Thanks,
 Patrick