is waggle-dance compatible with hive3?

Hongyan He

Aug 25, 2021, 6:04:53 AM8/25/21
to Waggle Dance User
hi, all , is waggle-dance compatible with hive3? recently, we decide to use hive3 instead hive2, but i see that, waggle-dance can only be  compatible with hive2 or hive1, is there any solution to deal with this problem? thank you.

Mass Dosage

Aug 25, 2021, 6:21:36 AM8/25/21
to Hongyan He, Waggle Dance User
Hey there,

There is a ticket covering Hive3 support which you can follow at

There is a branch with a start at providing Hive3 support which you can try out at

If you look at the last comment on the ticket you'll see some suggestions for next steps to get that branch working properly. If you are able to take a look at these that would be amazing, otherwise we'll have to wait and see who else in the community has time to work on this.

Thanks,

Adrian

On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 at 11:04, Hongyan He <katty...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi, all , is waggle-dance compatible with hive3? recently, we decide to use hive3 instead hive2, but i see that, waggle-dance can only be  compatible with hive2 or hive1, is there any solution to deal with this problem? thank you.

Hongyan He

Aug 30, 2021, 1:46:43 AM8/30/21
to Waggle Dance User
ok ,thank you, since  hive 3 can provide compatibility with hve 2 or hive 1,  i think waggle-dance will not  change too much on code, is it right? or may be we can just change the maven pom with hive version?

Mass Dosage

Aug 31, 2021, 4:51:35 AM8/31/21
to Hongyan He, Waggle Dance User
I'm afraid Hive 3 is not backwards compatible with Hive 2 or Hive 1 so a fair amount of changes are required :(