Inconsistent behaviour based on tomcat service logon user

Spyros Economopoulos

Feb 2, 2022, 5:58:39 AM2/2/22
to waffle
Hello,

we face the following situation. Our production and UAT servers are both on DomainA.

In UAT server, when running as local account, users of both DomainA and DomainB are able to logon successfully.

In PROD, when the server is running as local account, only users from DomainB can login successfully. When running as an account of DomainA, only users from DomainA can login successfully.

In both cases it seems that a token reaches the filter by continuously get continue:true and login never succeeds. Sometimes we also get the exception "invalid token supplied".

Has anyone experienced similar behavior? Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your time.

Daniel D.

Feb 2, 2022, 8:48:10 PM2/2/22
to waffle...@googlegroups.com
Assuming domain A and B have a trust?

I would start with troubleshooting (https://github.com/Waffle/waffle/blob/master/Docs/Troubleshooting.md), it could be an SPN problem.

Spyros Economopoulos

Feb 4, 2022, 2:54:02 AM2/4/22
to waffle
Thank you Daniel,

actually I have tried but apart receiving message 0x19 KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED when things go wrong everything else seems to be the same.

Will get back when this is solved...

Spyros Economopoulos

Jul 9, 2022, 8:50:55 AM7/9/22
to waffle
Just for the record, it seems it was a Windows configuration error.