Struggling to configure Waffle 3.1.1

faulkkev

Feb 21, 2022, 6:57:38 PM2/21/22
to waffle
I have been tasked to setup an open source project and put Waffle on the front end for the authentication piece.  I have downloaded Waffle 3.1.1 and tried to follow the readme but it fails to build.  I have also tried to use visual studio, but to be transparent i am a infrastructure person by trade and the process for Waffle and visual studio are very new to me.  I am not totally code lacking, but i have mostly worked with powershell and vbscripts over the years, which forgo the need to compile so any help would be appreciated.
I have been receiving built version 12 errors and missing nuget props errors.   I also to be honest am not sure where it would put the file if it did build.  My goal or desire is to generate the necessary Java files and so fourth.  I tried the 2.x version on github without success the tomcat web server will prompt but never take the creds, so i assumed maybe i need version 3.1.1 which is what i was directed to obtain in the directions for the product i am working with.