[WAC appeal] Second call to sign petition, send protest letters

Workers' Assistance Center

Oct 12, 2006, 3:18:50 AM10/12/06
to WAC news alert

A public appeal by the Workers' Assistance Center, Inc. (WAC)

October 12, 2006

Dear friends,

We are seeking your support by signing to our online petition for the
workers on strike at Chong Won Fashion, Inc. (CWFI) and Phils. Jeon
Garments, Inc. (PJGI).

To sign-up please click on this links below;
http://www.petitiononline.com/cwpj925/petition.html

As you are aware, there have been no improvements to the desperate
situation of workers on strike at these two korean-owned garment
factories operating inside the Cavite Export Processing Zone (CEPZ) in
Rosario, Cavite, Philippines.

We made minor changes to our previous online petition. We now included
the location and organisation the signatory is representing or attached
with. We encouraged those who have previously signed to once again
sign-up.

Also, we likewise strongly urge you to send protest letters to the
government agencies mentioned in this online petition, in particular
the office of the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA).

For those living abroad, we appeal for your support to also send
protest letters to the respective Philippine Embassies and Consular
offices in your country.

For further information about these cases, please visit our official
website: www.wacphilippines.com or send email to us at:
wac...@gmail.com for further inquiries.

We are hopeful for your positive and immediate action for the welfare
of the workers.

Yours sincerely,

Workers' Assistance Center, Inc. (WAC)