Fwd: Question

WA Berry 68

Sep 20, 2013, 10:33:32 AM9/20/13
to waberryc...@googlegroups.com

W.A. Berry High School Class of 1968 45th Reunion
Chuck Steiner, Chair  ecst...@comcast.net
Leslie Melton Appleton, Entertainment  leslie...@yahoo.com
Dick DeShazo, Treasurer  ddes...@alliedenergycorp.com
Rodger Rainey, Communications  rrain...@gmail.com
Marjo Hillhouse Gann, School Tour, and Decorations at Park Lane mar...@bellsouth.net
Carol Raines Drummond, Berry Trivia Contest  cdru...@mindspring.com
Beverly Armour Searcy, Memorial Wall, and Name Tags  sear...@bellsouth.net
NOV. 23, 2013, PARK LANE; earlier SCHOOL TOUR

Sep 20, 2013, 10:56:47 AM9/20/13
to WA Berry 68, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
I didn't go until 7 th.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2013, at 9:33 AM, WA Berry 68 <classof19...@gmail.com> wrote:

W.A. Berry High School Class of 1968 45th Reunion
Chuck Steiner, Chair  ecst...@comcast.net
Leslie Melton Appleton, Entertainment  leslie...@yahoo.com
Dick DeShazo, Treasurer  ddes...@alliedenergycorp.com
Rodger Rainey, Communications  rrainey329@gmail

charles SEARCY

Sep 20, 2013, 1:26:28 PM9/20/13
to WA Berry 68, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
I didn't go to Berry until 7th grade.

WA Berry 68

Craig Coblentz

Sep 20, 2013, 2:11:22 PM9/20/13
to WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

Craig Coblentz

Auburn then Montgomery, wife Debbie(Al  73)M39 yrs., 3 sons 1 daughter, 5 grandsons 1 granddaughter, son Blake biotech pat attny. Wash. D.C. married sons Will&Jake, son Matthew works with me married sons David&Jack, daughter Meredith schoolteacher married daughter Anne Riley son Bowman, son Max commercial banker Auburn married recently, Frazer UMC, Freightliner- GMC dealer 28 yrs, tractor and equipment dealer 14 yrs., not retiring, Lake Martin, farm, quail hunting, German Shorthairs, TW horses (71 I think)

Craig A. Coblentz

Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc.

(o) 334-286-9999 | (c) 334-657-7263

cr...@coblentzep.com

Please note my new e-mail address...

No virus found in this message.

Chuck Steiner

Sep 20, 2013, 6:33:39 PM9/20/13
to WA Berry 68, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

I was there from the beginning, too!

Chuck

E. C. Steiner

790 Apsley Way

Johns Creek, Georgia 30022

(404) 808-2773

ecst...@comcast.net

Clark Carpenter

Sep 24, 2013, 8:58:21 AM9/24/13
to Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Craig
You forgot to mention those 3 years between the GM dealership and the equipment business spent at draper correctional institute in your 45 thing.

Clark ---- Original Message -----

Carol Drummond

Sep 24, 2013, 9:09:56 AM9/24/13
to Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
HaHa. On another note, I heard on the news today that Mick Jagger is about to become a great-grandfather! What happened to time?

Brenda Taylor

Sep 24, 2013, 10:29:36 AM9/24/13
to Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Carol, Mick always said "Time is on my side (yes, it is)!"

Brenda Taylor
Michael J. Costigan, Sr., CPA, LLC
803-649-5555 office
803-648-5385 fax

IRS Circular 230 Notice: Pursuant to requirements related to practice before the Internal Revenue Service, Michael J. Costigan, Sr., CPA, LLC, is required to inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of (i) avoiding penalties imposed under the United States Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another person any tax-related matter addressed herein.

We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Rodger Rainey

Sep 24, 2013, 10:50:31 AM9/24/13
to Brenda Taylor, Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, charles SEARCY, Reunion Group
:)
Rodger Rainey
533 NE Holladay St., #403
Portland OR 97232

Craig Coblentz

Sep 24, 2013, 2:33:56 PM9/24/13
to Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

Clark, if you had not been my lawyer I would not have had to go away. By the way, where is your 45 thing?

Craig A. Coblentz

Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc.

(o) 334-286-9999 | (c) 334-657-7263

cr...@coblentzep.com

Please note my new e-mail address...

Clark Carpenter

Sep 24, 2013, 3:45:02 PM9/24/13
to Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
I dont see how i can do one without including my 2 year affair with Heather Locklear and Marlene is kinda funny about me talking about it to just anybody.

Chuck Steiner

Sep 24, 2013, 4:13:05 PM9/24/13
to Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Heather Locklear! She's used so much Botox that if you kiss her, your lips pucker... isn't that right, Clark?

Craig Coblentz

Sep 24, 2013, 5:12:49 PM9/24/13
to Clark Carpenter, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

Did Heather call you Worm too?

Craig A. Coblentz

Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc.

(o) 334-286-9999 | (c) 334-657-7263

cr...@coblentzep.com

Please note my new e-mail address...

Clark Carpenter

Sep 24, 2013, 5:21:50 PM9/24/13
to Chuck Steiner, Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
well, the truth of the matter is the affair never really got that serious so i don't really know

charles SEARCY

Sep 25, 2013, 12:42:22 AM9/25/13
to Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com, Beverly Searcy
I have attached the list of classmates who have passed away since we graduated.  I need your help to ensure that the list is complete, contains accurate information and that the deceased are represented by a "45 in 45."   (The term "45 in 45" is strictly for identification purposes so you will know the kind of information that is needed.)  Ashley Alvis' sister already submitted his "45 in 45" for me to include on the Memorial Wall, and I think that it is important for others who have died to be represented, too.  The information can come from a family member if you think they would find it healing, or you may want to write the information yourself, if you think it would be too upsetting for them.  Sometimes writing about someone who has passed away is cathartic and sometimes it is almost more than one can endure.   Do what you think is best.

When you read over the list, please, let me know if you see errors or can provide missing information.  Also, please, send me the name of anyone who is missing from the list so that they can be properly remembered by the Class of '68
Send the information to me at sear...@bellsouth.net .  Thanks for your help with this important task.  Take care!

Beverly Armour Searcy
Deceased Classmates 9-12-13.xlsx

Carol Drummond

Sep 25, 2013, 7:40:51 AM9/25/13
to charles SEARCY, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com, Beverly Searcy

Beverly: Thanks for gathering this information - how sad it makes me. What would you think about including obituary information? Should be able to find most on-line I would imagine. Carol

Carol Raines Drummond, Ph.D., MSN
4200 Northside Parkway, Building 6
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404) 760-0020

Robert Roche

Sep 25, 2013, 8:39:58 AM9/25/13
to Carol Drummond, charles SEARCY, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

PLAN, ROY ALBERT After a long and arduous struggle from serious complications of diabetes, Roy Albert Plan of Hoover passed away serenely in the early morning hours of Thursday, August 9th, with the two most beloved people in his life, his wife Jenny and son Al, by his side, and devoted friends nearby. Born to Sarah Alice ("Sally") Welch and Arthur ("Art") Worthington Plan in l950, Roy grew up in Vestavia Hills, graduating from Berry High School, then heading to Auburn where he earned a degree in 1973 in history. He was employed by Compass Bank, Merrill Lynch and Thompson McKinnon before settling into a career in marketing. While working for the same Atlanta-based company, Roy met Jenny Chadwick, another Auburn grad, and a match for his quick wit and innate fun factor. The two were married in 1994 in Birmingham, with Roy's teen son, Albert Pierre Plan, as an important part of the package. Shortly after, Roy and Jenny opened their own firm, Planit Marketing. Partners in business and in life, Roy and Jenny have shared a deep sense of integrity, unwavering loyalty to friends and family, a love for animals and more than a little mischief. The self-proclaimed "Idol of Millions" was a great story-teller and has maintained strong friendships with folks from all phases of his life, assigning many of them appropriate (and sometimes inappropriate) nicknames. Along the way, he has helped many people-friends and strangers-in myriad, quiet ways. Besides Jenny and Al, Roy is survived by his father, Art Plan, his sister, Kathy and husband Glen Garrett, his mother-in-law, Virginia Faircloth Chadwick, along with his four-legged son, Weagle Plan, and numerous cousins. His adored mother, Sally Plan, preceded him in death. Jenny and Al want to publicly thank the steady parade of family, neighbors, friends and clergy who have brought them love and encouragement, especially during this last hospital stay that began May 23rd. They are deeply grateful to the St. Vincent's staff of 1 South ICU and 5th floor step-down. The team of physicians, nurses, therapists, chaplains, parking lot attendants, technicians, food service and cleaning crews-all have brought their skills and compassion to their roles of caring for Roy and, in turn, his family. He could not have received better, more loving care anywhere in the world. The family will hold a graveside service Saturday, August 11th, at 1:00 Elmwood Cemetery in Birmingham, with pastor Nancy Worthington Hornsby of Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church officiating. On Sunday afternoon at 3:00, friends and family will gather at one of Roy's favorite restaurants, Johnny Brusco's on Rocky Ridge Road in Vestavia, for a celebration of the many ways Roy was loved and appreciated. Come prepared to share stories and memories of his remarkable life. >
logo

Sent from my iPad

charles SEARCY

Sep 25, 2013, 10:57:02 AM9/25/13
to Carol Drummond, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Carol, That is a good idea and it seems like it would just be a matter of entering names into a search engine, but obituary information is not readily available free of charge.  It appears that after a period of time (I don't know how long) the obituary is only available for a fee.  I am a member of ancestry.com and was able to get basic information, birth/death dates for most classmates but not all.  Obituaries are available for a fee from some newspapers or from sites requiring a membership fee.  There are no funds to purchase memberships or copies of obituaries.  If anyone has a copy of an obituary or is a member one of the sites, please forward the information to me.   Beverly

Craig Coblentz

Sep 25, 2013, 10:55:31 AM9/25/13
to Carol Drummond, charles SEARCY, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

All, I am absolutely shocked that so many have passed on. When I read the names all I see are the young faces from long ago. It is so sad and another reminder of our own mortality. In fact this communication process we have been enjoying has been very thought provoking for me. It sort of makes you stop time for a moment and say,  “hey, wait a minute, where did all those years go”.  Just some thoughts from an old man.

Craig

Craig A. Coblentz

Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc.

(o) 334-286-9999 | (c) 334-657-7263

cr...@coblentzep.com

Please note my new e-mail address...

No virus found in this message.

Carol Raines Drummond, Ph.D., MSN
4200 Northside Parkway, Building 6
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404) 760-0020

charles SEARCY

Sep 25, 2013, 11:09:40 AM9/25/13
to Robert Roche, Carol Drummond, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Bobby,  Thank you for the copy of Roy's obituary.  Since you and Roy were close friends, will you write his "45 in 45"?  Beverly

charles SEARCY

Sep 25, 2013, 11:19:16 AM9/25/13
to Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Well said, Craig.

No virus found in this message.

Mary Adams

Sep 25, 2013, 2:15:20 PM9/25/13
to charles SEARCY, Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, Chuck Steiner, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I feel like I have gone back in time...a good time.  I have enjoyed reading the 45/45 bios, thinking on the trivia questions, and remembering songs I actually know the words to.  It is sad to read our classmates names that have passed on.  They will be missed.  Thanks to the committee for all you have done and keeping the interest alive!  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sent from my iPad

Clark Carpenter

Sep 25, 2013, 4:10:40 PM9/25/13
to Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, charles SEARCY, Chuck Steiner, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
pretty deep thinking for the Craig Coblentz I know.. As for me I haven't figured out yet how to open the memorial attachment----- Original Message -----

Robert Roche

Sep 25, 2013, 4:38:29 PM9/25/13
to charles SEARCY, WA Berry Group
Beverly,
Roy and I were not close, may have seen him 3 times in 45 years.   I just thought I had seen him recently from across the room at a restaurant.  Had hoped your information was erroneous.  Unfortunately I found the obit which I forwarded to you.  The best I could do is pull info from the obit, which I'm happy to do.  But since he lived in town and apparently attended VUMC surely there is someone who could do a better job.
Bobby

Carol Drummond

Sep 25, 2013, 4:51:12 PM9/25/13
to Robert Roche, charles SEARCY, WA Berry Group

On Sep 25, 2013, at 10:09 AM, charles SEARCY wrote:

> Bobby, Thank you for the copy of Roy's obituary. Since you and Roy were close friends, will you write his "45 in 45"? Beverly

Chuck Steiner

Sep 25, 2013, 5:20:26 PM9/25/13
to Robert Roche, Carol Drummond, charles SEARCY, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Aw...Roy....

Makes my heart sad... but what a legacy.

Chuck

E.C. Steiner

Typos courtesy of ECS' Samsung Galaxy S4

[...]

Chuck Steiner

Sep 25, 2013, 5:21:22 PM9/25/13
to Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, charles SEARCY, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Nail on the head,  Craig.

Chuck

E.C. Steiner

Typos courtesy of ECS' Samsung Galaxy S4

Beverly: Thanks for gathering this information - how sad it makes me. What would you think about including obituary information? Should be able to find most on-line I would imagine. Carol

Chuck Steiner

Sep 25, 2013, 5:22:24 PM9/25/13
to charles SEARCY, Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, Craig Coblentz, WA Berry 68, Leslie Melton, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
Beverly is on the right track here....

Chuck

E.C. Steiner

Typos courtesy of ECS' Samsung Galaxy S4

Carol, That is a good idea and it seems like it would just be a matter of entering names into a search engine, but obituary information is not readily available free of charge.  It appears that after a period of time (I don't know how long) the obituary is only available for a fee.  I am a member of ancestry.com and was able to get basic information, birth/death dates for most classmates but not all.  Obituaries are available for a fee from some newspapers or from sites requiring a membership fee.  There are no funds to purchase memberships or copies of obituaries.  If anyone has a copy of an obituary or is a member one of the sites, please forward the information to me.   Beverly

Chuck Steiner

Sep 25, 2013, 5:35:06 PM9/25/13
to Carol Drummond, Robert Roche, charles SEARCY, WA Berry Group
Dear Carol and all,
Although the cost per person appears minimal, cumulatively we did not account for such an expense.
I do not see us underwriting this expense going in from ticket revenues  - and we could not entertain it at all unless we lure 125 attendees or more.

Chuck

E.C. Steiner

Typos courtesy of ECS' Samsung Galaxy S4

Roy and I were not close, may have seen him 3 times in 45 years. I just thought I had seen him recently from across the room at a restaurant. Had hoped your information was erroneous. Unfortunately I found the obit which I forwarded to you. The best I could do is pull info from the obit, which I'm happy to do. But since he lived in town and apparently attended VUMC surely there is someone who could do a better job.
Bobby
On Sep 25, 2013, at 10:09 AM, charles SEARCY wrote:

> Bobby, Thank you for the copy of Roy's obituary. Since you and Roy were close friends, will you write his "45 in 45"? Beverly

charles SEARCY

Sep 25, 2013, 5:45:22 PM9/25/13
to Carol Drummond, Robert Roche, Chuck Steiner, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, WA Berry Group
All:  Some classmates have contacted me with offers to write the "45" and others are contacting family members .  Since the idea of writing a "45" for deceased classmates is new, my suggestion is to give this process a week, then re-evaluate.  At that time we can see what still needs to be done.  Let's wait to see who has a copy of an obituary or has access to one of the sites to order older obits.  Other thoughts?  Suggestions?

Beverly

Chuck Steiner

Sep 25, 2013, 9:35:45 PM9/25/13
to charles SEARCY, Carol Drummond, Robert Roche, Dick Deshazo, Marjo Gann, WA Berry Group
A capital idea!

I don't want to be seen as a miser - but we do need to be fiscally responsible. So let's do see what challenge we have....

Chuck

E.C. Steiner

Typos courtesy of ECS' Samsung Galaxy S4

Oct 1, 2013, 8:19:42 PM10/1/13
to Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

So. . .  Just where IS Clark’s 45 in 45??????

Chuck

Craig Coblentz

Oct 2, 2013, 9:46:14 AM10/2/13
to Chuck Steiner, Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

Chuck, I guess if Clark doesn’t send one in, we could probably help him. Well, maybe with your prompting we will see something.

Craig A. Coblentz

Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc.

(o) 334-286-9999 | (c) 334-657-7263

cr...@coblentzep.com

Please note my new e-mail address...

Chuck Steiner

Oct 2, 2013, 10:09:58 AM10/2/13
to Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, Clark Carpenter, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you , Craig.

I suppose it would start with...

"I was born...due to my shape they called me "worm." I was eventually asked/forced to leave town....

Then what's next?

Chuck

Clark Carpenter

Oct 2, 2013, 10:57:41 AM10/2/13
to Chuck Steiner, Craig Coblentz, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com
nice start chuck. don’t forget to say something about my most improved bowler award.

Craig Coblentz

Oct 2, 2013, 12:25:34 PM10/2/13
to Clark Carpenter, Chuck Steiner, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

Chuck and Clark, there is obviously too much material for one E-mail, so I thought I would address the Most Improved Bowler Award. I am a bit surprised Clark mentioned this in this day of political correctness. Clark and some of his friends from Talladega greatly enjoy the  “sport” of MIDGET BOWLING. He received this award from the NMBA, National Midget Bowlers Association, and I understand he values this achievement greatly. Who would have thought someone know as Worm would have developed the arm strength to propel these little fellows to such success. Please take time to view the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwvYSkXUO8

Craig A. Coblentz

Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc.

(o) 334-286-9999 | (c) 334-657-7263

cr...@coblentzep.com

Please note my new e-mail address...

Chuck Steiner

Oct 2, 2013, 4:45:22 PM10/2/13
to Craig Coblentz, Clark Carpenter, Carol Drummond, WA Berry 68, charles SEARCY, waberryc...@googlegroups.com

SHOCKING!

I shudder to imagine what other sorts of debauchery has Mr. Carpenter fallen into….

Chuck