CVARC Changes / Updates

george....@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2023, 10:07:04 PM1/25/23
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club
Hello CVARC,,

I am writing to detail changes to the club that me and the officers have been discussing over the past month or so. By making these changes, we hope to engage more people and allow us to be more flexible.

  1. Effective immediately, all monthly meetings are canceled. When the need for a meeting arises, we will post information about it here and on the website. I am exploring moving our business meetings to quarterly or whenever the need arises. These will be held at different locations in the central Vermont area.
  2. We will occasionally host informal social meetings around the area. These will not be business meetings, but time for us to meet up in an informal atmosphere. Social meetings will be announced through Google groups.
  3. More informal discussions will take place on Google Groups. I want to encourage more interaction and I hope you will join me in posting to the Google groups system. I encourage each of you to participate where you can. Ask questions, share information, and encourage others in our hobby. Depending on how cluttered you want your inbox, you may want to adjust your Google Groups message settings. You can find more information about that here: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9303224?hl=en (look under the manage your subscriptions heading)
  4. Club Activities: We are already planning field day, but we are looking for additional activities. Please let us know if there is a radio event you are excited about and we can look at making it a club activity. This summer, we will meet up at the repeater site for a work party and health check of the site. We may even do POTA activation or two. Upcoming club events we typically participate in (races, etc) will be posted here and on the website. September is the Tunbridge Fair, which I am hoping to man a booth again as it was a lot of fun.
I look forward to seeing you online, on the air, or at one of our events.

73,
George
KC3AAD
President, CVARC