Foxhunting 2024

Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club

Apr 17, 2024, 12:10:58 PMApr 17
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club
Hi all,

Since the weather is getting warmer and the snow appears to be subsiding, it's time to start monthly foxhunts once again!
The club's next foxhunt will take place next Saturday, April 27th at 10am. The fox will be hidden somewhere in Washington county VT on 146.565 MHz FM.
We normally shut the transmitter off at dusk on Saturday, but I will leave it on for as long as the batteries last (usually sometime Sunday mid afternoon) so everyone gets a chance to try and find it.

If you've never participated in a CVARC foxhunt before, this is what the fox looks like:

If you've never participated in any foxhunt, feel free to use this thread to ask questions!

73,
-Patrick
KC1DPM

Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club

Apr 24, 2024, 12:22:27 PMApr 24
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club
Friendly reminder that the foxhunt is this Saturday at 10am. You can learn more about radio direction finding here: https://web.archive.org/web/20221128023450/https://w1bd.net/2020/07/28/foxhunting-information/

-Patrick, KC1DPM

Patrick Schlott

Apr 24, 2024, 1:19:02 PMApr 24
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club

Dev Welch

Apr 26, 2024, 7:25:17 PMApr 26
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club
Thanks Pat! Just a heads-up, the image in your first message does not load for me, can you re-post the image?

Thanks!
Dev, KZ1Y
--
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Patrick Schlott

Apr 30, 2024, 11:08:24 AMApr 30
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club
Sorry about that, here's a link to the image instead: https://imgur.com/a/y5q13Xk
Must be some issues with in-line images.

Also, congrats to Bill N1IRO for finding the fox! The next hunt will be Saturday, May 18th at 10am. County announced closer to the date.

-Patrick
KC1DPM

Message has been deleted

VERMONTJAZZ

May 14, 2024, 7:32:56 PMMay 14
to Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club
Sounds great - but I’m out of town May 15-23.

Have fun!
Rich Davidian

On May 14, 2024, at 11:33 AM, Central Vermont Amateur Radio Club <w1...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that the next CVARC foxhunt will be this Saturday, May 18th 2024 at 10am. Listen on 146.565 MHz somewhere in Washington County.
Good luck!

73,
-Patrick KC1DPM