Perusall and FeedbackFruits workshop 20 aug

s.r.keya

Aug 19, 2020, 11:08:00 AM8/19/20
to vu-perusall
Dear all,

Tomorrow 15.30-17.00 Danny Scholten and me will give a workshop about 2 FeedbackFruits tools (Interactive documents and comprehensive documents) and Perusall. We will discuss a few examples that used one of those tools and also discuss the pro's and con's of each tool. It is also possible to ask questions.

If you're interested please register using this link (scroll down to see the registration button): https://vu-ntl.nl/index.php/event/feedbackfruits-interactive-documents-and-perusall-danny-scholten-beta-faculteit/2020-08-20/

Best,

Steve

Wessels, J.M.

Aug 27, 2020, 3:05:25 AM8/27/20
to vu-pe...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I saw that Perusall suggests a way to set up Perusall in Canvas:

https://support.perusall.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034534113-Canvas-setup

I have received the required "key and secret" from Perusall. However, within the "App Centre" on Canvas, I am unable to add an app using a URL as suggested in the instructions by Perusall. Does somebody know how to solve this? Is this something that the VU Canvas settings do not allow for?

Many thanks and best wishes

Janna

Janna Wessels

Assistant professor / Universitair docent

Amsterdam Centre for Migration and Refugee Law

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam - Faculteit der Rechtsgeleerdheid

T +31 20 59 89007 | j.m.w...@vu.nl | WERKDAGEN: di, wo, do, vr
POSTADRES: De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV Amsterdam
BEZOEKADRES: Gebouw Initium, De Boelelaan 1077 Amsterdam | Disclaimer

Draaijer, S.

Aug 27, 2020, 3:15:35 AM8/27/20
to vu-pe...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Indeed, such a connection is possible, but it has to be made at the root-admin level of Canvas VU.

Currently, because of limited capacity at VU IT Administration, and regulations regarding the uptake of new apps directly into Canvas (security scans, admin scans, service level agreement documents, monitoring processes etc), this connection cannot be made.

We are well aware of this problem but cannot fix this yet. So bear with us.

Kind regards,

Silvester