Summary SIG Perusall meeting 9 October

Draaijer, S.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:02:37 AM10/19/20
to vu-pe...@googlegroups.com, Bon, B.G.

Dear VU Perusall interested,

Last Friday 9 October a VU SIG Perusall meeting was held. During the meeting, Janna Wessels of the Faculty of Law presented her experiences with Perusall. This was followed by an in depth discussion about the Privacy aspects of Perusall.

The experiences of Janna can be discovered by taking a look at the video we made from the meeting.

I include the Powerpoint with the main points regarding the use of Perusall from a Privacy and WHW perspective. Please read it carefully. The main points are the following:

  • Limit the use of Perusall to what is necessary and can be substantiated in relation to the learning goals
  • Transparency: Inform students well, point them in particular to the Privacy Statement (I added this to Janna’s document)
  • Prevent or limit automatic decision making (especially with fails)
  • Do not use Perusall as a surveillance tool

I point you to the information on the Canvas Online Education website with specific information about how to use Perusall: https://canvas.vu.nl/courses/47759/pages/perusall

Kind regards,

Silvester

Dr. ir. Silvester Draaijer – PhD.

Programmamanager

VU Network for Teaching & Learning
Student- & Onderwijszaken | Student and Educational Affairs

Losse visual zonder achtergrond

T +31 20 5989429s.dra...@vu.nl | WERKDAGEN: ma, di, wo, do, vr
POST- EN BEZOEKADRES: De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV Amsterdam

Disclaimer
https://vu-ntl.nl

Janna Wessels_Course Outline_RefEcoMig_2020_Excerpt Perusall vSD.docx
Privacy 9 oktober 2020 Perusall - opm BB v2.pdf