tvheadend on XBMCbuntu

Alessandro

May 28, 2014, 8:37:12 AM5/28/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

thanks in advance for anyone could help me.
I'm trying to connect my tvheadend built on the same XBMC (xbmcbuntu) server. It is currently working perfectly with a DVB-T usb adapter

My goal would be to connect also to my DM500 to remote control the tuner.
I've been able to run the vtunerd.pps on my DM500, however when I run the vtuner.i686 on my client I run into an error.
I'm very basic on Linux. My understand is that I have to compile the driver in order to get the virtual tuner as an actual device and hove it shown in tvheadend.

I'd appreciate any help on this. My current system is Ubuntu 12.10 32 bit.

Thanks to everyone.

Alessandro.

Roland Mieslinger

May 30, 2014, 4:36:40 AM5/30/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry for the late reply and the bad news.

I stopped working on vtuner almost 4 years ago, additionally DM500 (not the newer DM500-HD) never worked great,
because of limited network bandwidth (no DMA to copy data to the network card).

--
Roland

Honza Petrouš

May 30, 2014, 5:11:56 AM5/30/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

well, I seems also have no any real free-time for work on it anymore :(

During last year I tried to revive the project time to time but never succeeded.

I will update project home page accordingly.

Sorry.
/Honza

BTW, even dreamboxes were nicely supported on very beginning of the project
later there were broken more and more because of no any connection
with DMM developers. So we had no any official info about DMM's vtuner private API.

Alessandro Matano

Jun 10, 2014, 5:39:06 AM6/10/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

thanks for your answer and for all the job you've done so far.
I understand it's a legacy stuff anyway, I was just trying to make it work somehow...

I guess the best alternative, right now, is a DVB-S/S2 usb decoder to be plugged into the XBMC/TvHeadend PC. It all started because I have no room for a DVB-S card, plus I found interesting the idea of sharing a tuver via network.

Thanks anyway!

A.