Issue 37 in vtuner: Spamming logfiles

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 17, 2014, 4:57:45 AM2/17/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 37 by paulsso...@gmail.com: Spamming logfiles
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=37

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. run vtunerd on arm, vtunerc on x86_64
2. logfiles quickly filling up with debug and info messages

I expect some instructions on how to set the level of spam sent to logfiles
in the README.

Latest vtuner.apps from git, patched for DVB 5.4 api found here:
http://www.nessiedvb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72

Quick fix: vtuner.apps: comment out parts in vtuner-utils.h
#define INFO(mtype, msg, ...)
//write_message(mtype, MSG_INFO, "[%d %s:%u] info: " msg, getpid(),
__FILE__, __LINE__, ## __VA_ARGS__)
#define DEBUG(mtype, msg, ...)
//write_message(mtype, MSG_DEBUG, "[%d %s:%u] debug: " msg, getpid(),
__FILE__, __LINE__, ## __VA_ARGS__)

and: vtunerd-service.h
#define DEBUGSRV(msg, ...)
// DEBUG(MSG_SRV, msg, ## __VA_ARGS__)

Quickfix: vtuner.linux-driver
vtunerc_ctrldev.c: //dprintk(ctx, "msg VTUNER_GET_MESSAGE\n");
vtunerc_ctrldev.c: //dprintk(ctx, "msg VTUNER_SET_RESPONSE\n");
and perhaps other dprintk ....

Apart from the lack of documentation it work very well. THANKS!

issue notifications to this address.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 17, 2014, 8:34:55 AM2/17/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 37 by rol...@gmail.com: Spamming logfiles
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=37

Adding "-v 1" to the command line should workaround this.
I agree, dbg_level = MSG_ERROR, would be a more sensible choice.

int dbg_level = MSG_INFO;
// read only verbosity, to show value
while((c = getopt(argc, argv, "d:g:hl:p:u:v:")) != -1)
switch(c) {
case 'v': // verbosity
dbg_level = atoi(optarg);
break;