Issue 39 in vtuner: Vtuner share over internet or just in local network ?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jul 25, 2014, 2:26:26 AM7/25/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 39 by iho...@gmail.com: Vtuner share over internet or just in
local network ?
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=39

is it possible share vtuner over internet ?

or it s just working on local network ?

i want connect my home dreambox and enigma2pc vps

please any info about !!!

regards to all

issue notifications to this address.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jul 25, 2014, 3:45:51 AM7/25/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Type-Defect Type-Other

Comment #1 on issue 39 by jpetrous: Vtuner share over internet or just in
Yes, is it possible. But the speed of internet connection across client to
the server will be the main limitation of usability.

I would also note that vtuner proto was originally designed for LAN usage.

Another issue can be not existence of any authentication inside the
protocol. You have to make it by your own (ssh, ssl, vpn, ...)