Issue 20 in vtuner: DMX_SET_SOURCE failed issue on D689 (DMB-TH ) device

vtu...@googlecode.com

Mar 26, 2012, 8:46:53 AM3/26/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 20 by g1354389...@gmail.com: DMX_SET_SOURCE failed issue on D689
(DMB-TH ) device
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=20

Hi All,
I tried vtuner on my router(mips arch), The system is running
linux-2.6.21.5. i did two things:
1. Backport the usb dvb-t driver from the v4l. I seems the driver module
loaded and device initialized success.
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
dvb-usb: found a 'Mygica D689 DMB-TH' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Mygica D689 DMB-TH)
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (AltoBeam ATBM8830/8831 DMB-TH)...
dvb-usb: Mygica D689 DMB-TH successfully initialized and connected.
2. cross-compiled the vtuner-app and run vtunerd-mips on my router, but i
met ioctl fail message:
root@OpenWrt:/overlay/D689# vtunerd.mipsel
vtunerd: [738 ../../vtunerd.c:87] info: S2API tuning support.

vtunerd: [738 ../../vtuner-dmm-3.c:60] info: FE_GET_INFO dvb-type:2
vtuner-type:4

vtunerd: [738 ../../vtuner-dmm-3.c:71] error: DMX_SET_SOURCE failed for
/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 - Invalid argument
Could anyone give me points to solver this issue? Thanks!

vtu...@googlecode.com

Mar 26, 2012, 4:29:13 PM3/26/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 20 by jpetrous: DMX_SET_SOURCE failed issue on D689

Few remarks:

1, I'm not expert in DMB-TH, but are you sure that you have compiled-in
dvb-core subsystem with support for DMB-TH? I guess the original 2.6.21 has
no support for it. But, of course, you can very easy backport dvb-core from
some higher vanilla kernel. If you are sure about it, then ok and never
mind my question.

2, You definitelly need another vtunerd binary. Original vtunerd.mipsel is
solution for Dreambox set-top-boxes. They are using a bit modified DVB API
subsystem and this is the main reason why it is not working for you.

I see you are croscompiling yourself, so do the same for vtunerd.mipsel.
But don't forget to remove -DDREAMBOX_HARDWARE define from Makefile!

If you have any troubles with it, let me know and I prepare binary for you.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 18, 2014, 2:44:54 AM2/18/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 20 by jpetrous: DMX_SET_SOURCE failed issue on D689
Seems no more answers from reporter. Closing.

Please reopen if needed.

issue notifications to this address.