Issue 13 in vtuner: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not transmit audio and video

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 13, 2012, 6:55:06 AM1/13/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not
transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

What steps will reproduce the problem?
vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not transmit audio and video to vtunerc in
ubuntu (10 or 11)

To get audio and video on my ubuntu by using VU+ Duo tuner.

I tried binaries given here in September and October, I also compiled with
today's source codes and used vtunerd.mipsel (I had already mipsel compile
enviroment on my ubuntu) and vtunerc.i686. All gave the same result.

I can see signal amount and EPG data on client perfectly but no audio or
video is transmitted.

Just as a not, T can easily have audio and video with my external usb dvbs2
card.

I think there should be some code modification needed for VU driver.

I would be more than happy to test to help you and, provide any logs
needed.

Best regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 13, 2012, 9:50:28 AM1/13/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

I never played with any VU+ receiver unfortunatelly. Do you know how is DVB
API behave there? Is it same to Dreambox or more like normal linux DVB API?
If it is not DMM variant, then you can try to change DRIVER=vtuner-dmm-3 to
DRIVER=vtuner-dvb-3 in buidl/mipsel/Makefile.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 13, 2012, 2:37:50 PM1/13/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Unfortunately I really don't have enough knowledge about the dvbapi, but VU
made public all its source codes including drivers 2 month ago. I wish this
could help you to identify implementation method. You can find the codes
here: http://code.vuplus.com

I'll test DRIVER=vtuner-dvb-3 then inform you with the results.

Best regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 14, 2012, 11:33:00 AM1/14/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I changed mipsel make file (replaced all dmm occurences with dvb) an I got
below segmentation fault, which I didn't see with the dmm version:

Best regards...

root@vuduo:/media/usb# ./vtunerd.mipsel
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd.c:87] info: S2API tuning support.
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:57] info: FE_GET_INFO dvb-type:0
vtuner-type:1
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd.c:97] info: adapter:0, frontend:0, demux,0,
dvr:0 is type:1
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:263] info: waiting for autodiscover
packet (groups 0xFFFFFFFF) ...
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd.c:111] info: received discover request
proto2, vtuner_type:9 group:0xFFFFFFFF
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:263] info: waiting for autodiscover
packet (groups 0xFFFFFFFF) ...
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:57] info: FE_GET_INFO dvb-type:0
vtuner-type:1
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:57] error: failed to bind socket -
Invalid argument
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:313] info: control socket bound to 0
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:57] error: failed to bind socket -
Invalid argument
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:326] info: session prepared
control:0 data:0
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:146] error: accept failed on data
socket - Socket operation on non-socket
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:249] info: TS data copy thread
terminated.
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:344] info: no client connected.
timeout
vtunerd: [1973 ../../vtunerd-service.c:496] info: control thread
terminated.
Segmentation fault
root@vuduo:/media/usb#

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 19, 2012, 6:46:33 AM1/19/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 13 by murat.gu...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

I would be more that happy if there is anything I can do ?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 19, 2012, 5:14:09 PM1/19/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

OK, can you check the following few steps?

1, show what is running currently: "ps" or "ps -ef" or "ps aux" (dunno
which variant works on your box)
2, start vtunerc.mipsel: "./vtunerd.mipsel -v 4" and save debug output
3, again show what is running (same command lin in step 1.)

Show me all those 3 debugs. I will try to understand what is going there.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 20, 2012, 2:15:30 AM1/20/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

ok, I'll test these. I just need a clarification:

1,3 - I always kill emu's (kill -9) and then kill enigma (init 4) before
running vtunerd on my VU+. Do yo want me to do same , or test without
killing these processes?

2- Do you need DRIVER=vtuner-dmm-3 logs or DRIVER=vtuner-dvb-3 or both ?

Regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 20, 2012, 3:06:00 PM1/20/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

you have to kill enigma at least, otherwise vtunerd can't be able to
connect to DVB device. So yes, kill enigma+emu. Would be simple for analysis

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 20, 2012, 6:07:11 PM1/20/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

-v 4 is not working for me:

root@vuduo:/media/usb# ./vtunerd.mipsel -v 4
vtunerd: [6071 ../../vtunerd.c:73] error: Parameter mismatch. 0 tuner(s)
requires 1 arguments, but 2 given.

So instead, i tried these, however I don't know if it's true or not (most
probably not): root@vuduo:/media/usb# /media/usb/vtunerd.mipsel 1 0 1 2 -v4

You can see the full log here:
http://pastebin.com/sRTjyMc2

Please not that I provided log for the "DRIVER=vtuner-dvb-3" version.

regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 21, 2012, 7:38:24 AM1/21/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 13 by alisasma...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

Thank you We would like to apply vuduo

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 21, 2012, 11:06:05 AM1/21/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 13 by ufukun...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I would like to test....

vu+duo

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 21, 2012, 5:49:05 PM1/21/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #11 on issue 13 by erkan.ge...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

I would like to test....

vu+ solo

Add a comment

Attachments:
images.jpg 6.1 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 21, 2012, 5:53:06 PM1/21/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #12 on issue 13 by erkan.ge...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

I would like to test....

vu+ solo

Attachments:
imagesCAME1AYC.jpg 11.9 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 21, 2012, 5:57:07 PM1/21/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #13 on issue 13 by erkan.ge...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

I would like to test....

vu+ solo

Attachments:
imagesCABBMPEX.jpg 8.6 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 5:01:55 AM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #14 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

> -v 4 is not working for me:

> root@vuduo:/media/usb# ./vtunerd.mipsel -v 4
> vtunerd: [6071 ../../vtunerd.c:73] error: Parameter mismatch. 0 tuner(s)
> requires 1 arguments, but 2 given.

Ah, so you are using OLD version of binaries!

Fresh binaries has changed command line option parsing and now you can
easily check what parameters can be used (by using -h parameter). Like here:

# ./vtunerd.mipsel -h
vtunerd: vtuner server (vtunerd), part of vtuner project
Visit http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/ for more information
Copyright (C) 2009-11 Roland Mieslinger
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
vtunerd: Revision:3a9233717687/tip DVB:5.3 allow:5.x NetProto:2 MsgSize:96,
Debug:0x3
vtunerd:
Command line options:
-d devs_list : adapter[:frontend[:demux[:dvr]]] (default is
0:0:0:0)
-g group_mask : listen for group members requests only
-l ip_address : listen on local ip address (default is on
ALL)
-p port_number : listen on local port (default is 39305)
-u ip_address:port_number: send message log to
udp://ip_address:port_number
-v level : verbosity level (1:err,2:warn,3:info,4:debug)

I have attached two binaries: vtunerd.mipsel, which you can already
download from Dowload section here on code.google.com and added another
one, which should be port of standard linux DVB API (like it is for
i686,x86_64, sh4 and arm) but for mipsel cpu.

Please try vtunerd-dvb.mipsel. And don't forget to use debug paramer "-v 4".

Honza

Attachments:
vtunerd-mipsel-beta2.2.zip 33.4 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 6:38:16 AM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #15 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

OK, I get it :/ This time I was be able to collect proper debug logs as you
mentioned. You can find the logs and the screenshot that shows a valid SNR
when using vtunerd. As you can see from the log, I changed the channel 10+
time and always see valid SNR. Just I ve no audio/video.

As a footer note:
I'm using OpenPLiPC project to test it. All OpenPLiPC guys having DMM are
using vtuner which is a wonderful driver to test and develop the project !
All have audio/video with vtunerd on DMM + vtunerc/OpenPLiPC on Ubuntu
configuration. You can find the project here:

GIT:
https://github.com/nobody9/openpliPC (if you are interested in compiling,
see readme file. compiling is really very simple) -

Discussion thread:
http://openpli.org/forums/topic/20871-build-script-for-openpli-enigma2-on-ubuntu-104-32-bit/
(project
was started as a simple build script, but now have its own GIT. So
discard first messages and see latest pages)

Attachments:
vuplus_logs.rar 110 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 10:37:08 AM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #16 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

Interesting, it looks like some data come correctly.

Can you show me what says "cat /proc/vtunerc0" on client side?

There should be visible if data are receiving or not.

BTW, the easiest way of checking if vtuner sharing works is using command
line tools. Something like that:

1, start vtunerd on server side

2, start vtunerc on client side (of course vtunerc.ko linux driver module
has to be inserted already)

3, edit .szap/channels.conf with some well-known TV channel data

4, run "szap -r <your_favourite_channel>"

And when you get LOCK you can test if all is ok by using for example
mplayer:

5, "mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0" (adapter0 in the case if you don't have
any other real DVB hardware there, otherwise it will be first free bigger

Now you should see picture.

I like this way of testing because it is using as simple tools as possible.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 11:33:24 AM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #17 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I'm getting below log for vtunerc0:
ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~$ cat /proc/vtunerc0
[ vtunerc driver, version 1.2p1 ]
sessions: 1
TS data : 0
PID tab : 134 100 (len=2)
FE type : vTuner DVB-S2
msg xchg: -1/-1
ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~$

I tried szap, i think below means its locked successfully?:
ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~/.szap$ szap -r ShowTV
reading channels from file '/home/ubuntu/.szap/channels.conf'
zapping to 1 'ShowTV':
sat 0, frequency = 11964 MHz H, symbolrate 5925000, vpid = 0x0134, apid =
0x0100 sid = 0x0111
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
status 00 | signal c2c7 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
status 1f | signal 642b | snr a8f5 | ber 0000a8f5 | unc 0000a8f5 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal 5e9a | snr a6b7 | ber 0000a6b7 | unc 0000a6b7 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal 642b | snr a784 | ber 0000a784 | unc 0000a784 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal 642b | snr a91e | ber 0000a91e | unc 0000a91e |
FE_HAS_LOCK

But mplayer playes nothing:
ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~/.szap$ mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
mplayer: Symbol `ff_codec_bmp_tags' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
Creating config file: /home/ubuntu/.mplayer/config
MPlayer SVN-r33713-4.6.1 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 11:50:26 AM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #18 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

LOCK good ok, but "ber" value points to some weak signal or something like
that. Usually BER should be zero also.

Anyway, if you see "TS data : 0" in your /proc/vtunerc0 status,
then no real data are comming for sure.

Strange.

BTW, I have noticed you have runnung usbtunerhelper on the box before.
Is it working for you? If yes, then I can analyze usbtunerhelper source and
check what is there different.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 3:54:27 PM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #19 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I noticed usbtunerhelper with your above message :) I think it is installed
and executed automatically by VU+ Duo PLi image since I never did anything
related with usbtunerhelper or never used a usb tuner on my VU+.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 4:39:38 PM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #20 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

Hehe, oki :)

Anyway, do you have any usb dvb device to make a test?
If you confirm that usbtunerhelper works then I can check why vtuner nope.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 5:57:55 PM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #21 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Unfortunately I don't have any dvb device at the moment :( But I know that
VU+ supports some DVB-T/C tuners and there are some VU+ users that uses
them. For example, Blackhole image team is releasing images only for VU+
at the moment and they included some usb tuner drivers to support this.
But I'm not sure if this is what your are asking or if this is directly
related with usbtunerhelper or not ?

Regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 6:32:04 PM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #22 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

It's pity :(

As I don't have access to any VU+ device (with SUB tuner plugged in) either
I can't help more.

IF I find somebody willing to provide me access to the required hardware,
then I can continue on the bug evaluating.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2012, 6:47:07 PM1/22/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #23 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I'll try to find somebody with a dvb usb tuner in VU+ community that can
help you. BTW, are DVB-T or DVB-C usb tuners OK for this testing? AFAIK
DVBS usb sticks is not working on enigma2 at the moment?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 23, 2012, 9:58:05 AM1/23/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #24 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

> BTW, are DVB-T or DVB-C usb tuners OK for this testing?

T or C, no difference for me.

> AFAIK DVBS usb sticks is not working on enigma2 at the moment?

Dunno, but I don't see any reason why it should not work other then bug in
vtuner linux driver.

So using our open-source vtunerc.ko should work.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 24, 2012, 5:08:43 PM1/24/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #25 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

With OpenpliPC you cannot get image and video on other adapter than
/dev/dvb/adaptor0 even if you set it to unconfigured in OpenpliPC and that
you set your setup on adaptor 1 for example this doesn't work.
So when you test it be sure that vtunerc is the only device in your
openpliPC.
So my advice is that you disconnect your external USB DVB-S2 card on the PC
on which you are running OpenpliPC to test vtunerc.

Mebepi

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 24, 2012, 7:40:33 PM1/24/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #26 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Yes, I already exactly tested as you said. Additionally testing with
szap+mplayer (see above messages) gave the same result. So vtunerd is not
working with VU+ at the moment, for sure.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 26, 2012, 4:16:19 PM1/26/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Issue 13: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

This issue is now blocking issue 14.
See http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=14

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 27, 2012, 1:48:48 AM1/27/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #28 on issue 13 by murat.gu...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

I created some thread on VU+ related forums to call help on this issue, but
still couldn't find a guy with USB tuner that could help us :(

I just want to ask a question: I'm using VU+ Duo, a E2 STB with two tuners.
I always start vtunerd without any additional parameter (except the -d that
you asked above) . Do I need to use some advanced command line parameters
to be sure that vtunerd connects to one of the tuners? I mean, may be I'm
doing something wrong here?

BTW, I can make some "blind" code modification trials in this weekend to
find a way to make vtunerd work in VU+ . I said "blind", because I
understand from your above comments that this requires a usb dvb card to
find the root cause of the problem. Do you have any suggestions as a start
point?

regards..

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 27, 2012, 1:52:49 AM1/27/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #29 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 28, 2012, 6:37:49 AM1/28/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #30 on issue 13 by jav...@eureux.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver
does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

Hello, I'am spanish and my inglish is very bad, sorry.

I have a Vu-duo whit openpli, and have if your need 2 usb-dtt tunners
af9015 and a sms-siano, is for dtt, not for dvb.

For my if your a serius person, for my don't have problem for test all your
needed and if your need enter in my box, I open the ports in my router
directed of my VU-duo for enter in my box and for test your directli in my
box.

After this, I loock that your have controled the vtuner and I need your
help for another box, I take help in open pli and another forums and don´t
help my, like your with this virtual tuner, this box is a
gigablue-Hd-800-solo, is not a clone is legal box, a only one team work
whit this box is red-team and in this momment the aff-team, bud neither
know or I don't know for what not work the 2 teams for run the usb-dtt
tuners, and ask a nothing question,

This box is a mipsel like and same VU-solo the bcm-7325, have a one
interior tuner dvb-s2 and one only usb exterior conexion, I start a usb-dtt
tuner bad not work good, is inestable.

Your have control in question, I help your and your hel my?, I apreciate
more if your help my for start de usb-dtt in this box, in spanish and in
italy have many channels in dtt and is more needed this feature and nothing
work in usb-dtt for this box, this box is economic and have many box in
deutchland, spanish, Italy, etc., bud the countries need more the usb-dtt
is spanish and Italy, I don`t know if in others countries not need the box
with dtt.

I moderate the seccions Vu and gigablue and kathrein (VU is kathrein), in a
important spanish forum tododream.your are welcom, my nick is javier3034
and my name is javier.

Your say my whats your need, my Vu-duo is at your disposition and my
gigablue if your help my plis, have many users that have this problem whit
gigablue and need work good the usb-dtt, he aren more agre if whit your
help start and work good the usb-dtt in this box, like I say is same a
VU-solo, but the images of vu-solo don't start in this box, I think is a
problem of diferent blocks in flash or the base drivers, I don't know. the
tuner dvbs2 is the same.

Ok, your say my wats your need,

regars

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 28, 2012, 7:00:54 AM1/28/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #31 on issue 13 by jav...@eureux.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Sorry, 2 infos, in the last 2 weeks updates of openpli, don`t work good the
usb-dtt is more inestable, freeze and stop the image after 1 houre, need
restart the VU, I say this bug in openpli but don't have response, after
this update the usb-dtt tuners worck very good.

In black hole, vti, vix, etc., the usb-dtt works good, nothing problems.

In the last black hole image 1.7.1 work good the virtual tuner, and your
view the channels of first box in a econd device, like another e2 box, PC,
ps3, smartphones, etc, whit dlna/upnp and djimount, but not work in a TVs
whit dlna.

Whit a openpli in my box VU-duo I rebuild and work good in my Tv whit dlna,
and view all of my contents, pictures, films record in the VU (ts)and mp3
in to the hdd of my VU in TVs with dlna protocol, If your finaly start the
virtual tuner in a hdd of VU, I think he is possible view this channels for
example in a devives, like another e2, box, pc-linux and windows, ps3,
xbox? (I don`t have), TVs whit dlna, smartphones, etc., is a very good goal.

Becouse, openpli in this momment the usb-dtt is not stable and not work
good, Is good for your test I install in my VU the black hole 1.7.1 image?
is possible your loock in my box all your need or debugs, etc., say my this.

If your need I send your the files for that streaming.

Regards

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 28, 2012, 7:13:57 AM1/28/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #34 on issue 13 by jav...@eureux.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Sorry I say, after last 2 weeks the openpli updates work good the usb-dtt
and is not correct, after this updates don`t work good the usb-dtt and
before this updates the usb-dtt work very good.

Uuuffff,

Regards

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 28, 2012, 7:21:58 AM1/28/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #33 on issue 13 by jav...@eureux.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 28, 2012, 7:25:59 AM1/28/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #35 on issue 13 by jav...@eureux.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 31, 2012, 12:44:19 PM1/31/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #36 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

I am currently doing some test on my Xtrend ET-9x00.
Can you please test the attached vtunerd.et9x00 (server) on your VU+ on a
FTA channel and use for openpliPC has client.
With my Xtrend it is working on FTA channels but not on scrambled channels.

Thanks.

Attachments:
testet9x00.tgz 35.5 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 31, 2012, 1:50:12 PM1/31/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #37 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I tested the xtrend test file, but the result is the same for my VU+ Duo.
No audio and video, and a BER value like 30+.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 31, 2012, 3:13:33 PM1/31/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #38 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Can you please show up the message when you start this version to see if
there are errors reported?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Jan 31, 2012, 5:01:08 PM1/31/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #39 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Here is the log file:

root@vuduo:/media/usb# ./vtunerd.et9x00

vtunerd: vtuner server (vtunerd), part of vtuner project
Visit http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/ for more information
Copyright (C) 2009-11 Roland Mieslinger
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

vtunerd: Revision:3a9233717687+/tip DVB:3.2 allow:5.x NetProto:2
MsgSize:96, Debug:0x3
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:57] info: FE_GET_INFO dvb-type:0
vtuner-type:1
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd.c:158] info: adapter:0, frontend:0, demux,0,
dvr:0 is type:1
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:276] info: waiting for autodiscover
packet (groups 0xFFFF) ...
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd.c:177] info: received discover request
proto2, vtuner_type:9 group:0xFFFF
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:276] info: waiting for autodiscover
packet (groups 0xFFFF) ...
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:57] info: FE_GET_INFO dvb-type:0
vtuner-type:1
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:85] info: anon stream socket
prepared 37
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:326] info: control socket bound to
54622
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:85] info: anon stream socket
prepared 38
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:339] info: session prepared
control:54622 data:51189
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:369] info: session running
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:151] info: FE_SET_FRONTEND parameters:
freq:1364000 inversion:2 SR:5925000 FEC:3
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:151] info: FE_SET_FRONTEND parameters:
freq:1364370 inversion:2 SR:5925000 FEC:3
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:151] info: FE_SET_FRONTEND parameters:
freq:1363630 inversion:2 SR:5925000 FEC:3
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:151] info: FE_SET_FRONTEND parameters:
freq:1364740 inversion:2 SR:5925000 FEC:3
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:151] info: FE_SET_FRONTEND parameters:
freq:1363260 inversion:2 SR:5925000 FEC:3
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:266] info: TS data copy thread
terminated.
vtunerd: [8025 ../../vtunerd-service.c:509] info: control thread
terminated.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 2, 2012, 5:53:38 AM2/2/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #40 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

@Honza,

Waiting your kind response for the comments #29 and #30.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 4, 2012, 6:05:12 PM2/4/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #41 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

Please test this file. Now it is running better on my ET9x00 just hope that
it will be the same for your VU+.

Mebepi

Attachments:
vtuner.et9x00.tgz 73.7 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 4, 2012, 7:12:25 PM2/4/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #42 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I just tested the last file, but nothing is different :(

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2012, 5:31:20 AM2/5/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #43 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

OK thanks for the test and the feedback.

Last night I build the environment for vuduo. So please find attached the
specifically compiled version of vtuner for VU+ Duo

Can you please also run the test program and show me the result?

Mebepi

Attachments:
vtuner.vuduo.tgz 36.7 KB
test.tgz 3.0 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2012, 12:40:00 PM2/5/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #44 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi again,

I tested the files. You can find the logs attached. Still no audio and
picture on my ubuntu, only EPG data and a meaningful signal value.

Thank you for your precious efforts !

Regards...

Attachments:
vtunerc.log 1.6 KB
vtunerd.log 5.2 KB
get_fe_info.log 1017 bytes

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2012, 1:32:20 PM2/5/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #45 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

You client side compilation is not correct (I think), it is compiled for
DVB_API 3.x not 5.x. So I attach mine, please test.

Please ensure that the VU+ is in standby when testing to be sure that the
frontend is free.

vtunerd.vuplus

On the PC start: vtunerc.i686 -f s2 -n 192.168.2.13
(with my provided version please don't specify :1 let vtuner handshake
itself the right type).

And please test first on FTA channels (please test on different and let
time to image to display).

I would also advice you to edit: /usr/local/e2/share/enigma2/xine.conf
and change video.driver=auto to video.driver:opengl

I also compare md5 checksum between Vuplus and Xtrend and both are
identitical and Vuplus version is compiled toward Vuplus kernel header, so
I guess that it should also work for you and that we are close to the
solution.

I saw that you use a virtual instance I should perhaps give a try in a
virtual instance too.

Mebepi

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2012, 1:36:22 PM2/5/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #46 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

Sorry attachement was missing here it is.

Mebepi

Attachments:
vtuner.i686.tgz 28.3 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2012, 7:35:07 PM2/5/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #47 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Good news !!!

I got audio/video with the szap application !!! Still have no audio video
with openPLi, but I think this should be related with my openPLi settings
or compilation. I'm now investigating this issue.

BTW, I noticed that even with the vtuner.i686 that I used previously, I can
get video (without audio). I found the mistake in my previous tests: I
tested first openPLi, test failed, then I tried to test szap. This way
makes szap not working completely. I don't know whey but a restart of
vtunerc is needed to test the second application.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2012, 7:44:09 PM2/5/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #48 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Even channel scanning does not find any channel on PLiPC. I was able to get
audio video with my usb dvbs2 tuner, but I cannot get with vtuner, there
may be some defect ? Have you ever tested PLiPC ? Do you have any idea on
that?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 5:00:19 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #49 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

Yes I am playing everyday with OpenpliPC and vtunerc and it is working
really fine.
Already test vtunerc with DVB-S2 and DVB-C remote access.

Please use the osd branch of OpenpliPC it is the one that is working the
best.
Even if you have an Nvidia card! Please change your xine.conf file to use
video.driver=opengl instead of auto (this will use then vdpau if you have a
Nvidia card).

Scanning is also working for me even if it is slower than on a real STB.

But be sure that vtunerc is mounted on /dev/dvb/adaptor0/frontend0 when you
do test.
Playing with other configuration can leads to problems but this is
OpenpliPC specific problem not vtunerc related. If you play also with
scrambled channels the dvbsoftwareca provided with OpenpliPC needs to
be "rmmod" after each use of OpenpliPC. Then launch vtunerc wait and
then "modprobe dvbsoftwareca" doing this gives the better result, but I
have got many problem to get unscrambled image with the vdpau driver so
forcing it to opengl gives better result, but then you need a more
powerfull CPU.

Mebepi

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 5:08:23 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #50 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I just noticed your comment in your previous post: "I would also advice

you to edit: /usr/local/e2/share/enigma2/xine.conf and change

video.driver=auto to video.driver:opengl" So you're using opnePli :)

I tried OpenGL, but unfortunately it is not working in Virtualbox. Instead
I'm using it with XSHM in my Virtualbox image. XSHM is implemented in OSD
brach like OpenGL and I can see OSD without any problem. I had a usb dvbs2
tuner (I don't have it anymore) and tested with XSHM and got audio / video.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 5:14:30 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #51 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

I'm sure that vtunerc is mounted on /dev/dvb/adaptor0/frontend0 since I can
see audio picture with szap + mplayer combination. It's just perfect for
freeview channels. Could't tried scrambled channels since I could not have
audio/picture on my OpenPLi. Did you have any chance to test XSHM ?

BTW, can I learn in PLi forum nick :)

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 5:18:32 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #52 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Do you: git pull

and recompile the OpenpliPC osd branch because it is often updated, and
first version doesn't support OpenGL just XSHM but the latest version now
support also OpenGL.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 6:11:54 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #53 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Yes, I created openpli OSD branch from scratch last night. I both tried
OpenGL and XSHM. OpenGL is not still working on VM, it's killed immediately
This is completely a VM related issue. But XSHM works, I got OSD, I saw a
logical signal value on the skin without audio or picture. Of course I can
install and use directly to my PC instead of VM, but this is not the
target. I want to prepare easily shareble VM images with working and ready
to use OpenPLi installed for people witout any linux and compile knowledge.
I'm sure there is something very small is overlooked since I got
audio/picture with usb tuner with XSHM? BTW, audio/video is not the only
problem, as I said before, channel scanning also cannot find no channels. I
did nothing special:

1- compiled openPli from scracth.
2- started vtunerd and vtunerd.
3- I saw audio video with szap+mplayer
4- restarted vtunerd and vtunerd.
5- Copied my settings from VU+ to OpenPli.
6- Changed tuner setting to VTuner.
7- Changed xine.conf as XSHM
8- Started OpenPli

Is there any missing step or setting ?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 6:58:07 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #54 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

I think that the goal here is not to troubleshoot your OpenpliPC
installation.
Please post your questions on Openpli forum where people can help you.

For me issue #13 on vtuner is now solved since I didn't change anything in
the source code, I just compile properly the vtunerc and vtunerd towards
VU+ include files for you.

Mebepi.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 7:24:20 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #55 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Yes you're right. At this point I'll try other dvb applications to be sure
about the vtuner since to verify channel scan and channel change. I just
only one channel in my szap config file (since manually adding channels to
this file is a bit difficult), then I'll try to make openpliPC work.

These are my last question, could you please kindly answer them as a final
note :

1- BTW, you changed no code? I previously tested vtunerd.mipsel files given
in this site, and you can find one in the above messages given by Honza.
None of them worked with szap. So I assume only gcc that you used made the
difference in my szap+mplayer tests? Right ? Is this the same for your
XTrend ?

2- I think you used vtuner-dmm-3, not vtuner-dvb-3? So you did't changed
make config ?

3- Should I do anything special to compile vtunerc for DVB API 5? I'm using
ubuntu 11.10 and I assume that DVB API 5 exist on ubuntu 11.10. Isn't the
one that Honza provides the same ?

Thank you very much for all you helps and precious efforts !!!

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 8:23:49 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #56 on issue 13 by mebep...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Hi,

1-

What I did is:
- Create a full Openpli environment for Vuplus on my build PC.
- I have the crosscompiler installed on my build PC.
- I create a full new bunch of file to build vtunerc/vtunerd based on
mipsel one.

To do so I duplicate the ./build/mipsel into ./build/vuplus

Edit file: ./build/vuplus/Makefile and change:

CFLAGS=-fpic -DHAVE_DVB_API_VERSION=5 -DHAVE_DREAMBOX_HARDWARE
$(INCLUDE-$(ARCH)) $(INCLUDE2-$(ARCH)) $(DBGFLAGS)

Edit file: Make.config

# define the CC for target vuplus
CC-vuplus=/home/mebepi/vuplus/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc
CXX-vuplus=/home/mebepi/vuplus/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu-g++
INCLUDE2-vuplus=-I/home/mebepi/vuplus/build-vuduo/tmp/sysroots/vuduo-oe-linux/kernel/include
INCLUDE-vuplus=-I/home/mebepi/vuplus/build-vuduo/tmp/sysroots/vuduo-oe-linux/kernel/arch/mips/include

The main point here is that I pickup the kernel include and arch/mips
include file form the folder where I compile an openpli image for Vuplus (I
choose a vuduo image).
This is the goal of INCLUDE and INCLUDE2 parameters.

After having compile towards those include file everything is working fine,
so yes I compile with vtuner-dmm-3 (answer to question 2), nothing is
changed compared to mipsel standard compilatione except the include files.

I do the same operation for xtrend and compared both compiled vtunerc and
vtunerd md5sum and they are the same, so the headers are the same both for
VU+ Duo and Xtrend ET-9x00. I should check with VU+ Ultimo to see if the
result is the same.
But since I don't own VU+ hardware this is not really usefull for me.

3- On Unbuntu you need to change the include file location to:

Follow the tuto: http://wiki.nessiedvb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=install_vtunerc

But replace the KDIR command mentioned in the tuto with:

make KDIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`

I already provide to Honza all the informations to successfully build a
version for VU+ and Xtrend.

Mebepi

P.S.: if you don't know how to build a full openpli image please check this:
http://users.telenet.be/spstefansp/openpliubuntu.html

But be careful you need to use Makefile-2.1 and not Makefile-2.0 like in
the explanations.
The hardest part is to find all the required packages to successfully build
the image, since some mirrors are temporarily down or sometimes no longer
available.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 9:06:08 AM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #57 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Thank you very much again for the complete answer ! I have already openpli
compile environment, it seems as I just need to modify make and make config
files as you suggested. I'll try to compile vtuner this evening.

Regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2012, 3:43:52 PM2/6/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #58 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

Oh, few days I'm out and so nice progress. Good job Mebepi!

In day or two I should be back and then we can commit all necessary changes
for build system to get working binaries for VU+/ET boxes.

Honza

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 7, 2012, 4:25:00 PM2/7/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #59 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

@Mebepi

I compiled vtunerd for VU this evening, with the suggested Make/ Make
Config modifications. My compiled binaries gives the same with the ones
that you attached above. Here are the results:

1- szap+mplayer gives audio + video when with a manually created
channels.conf.
2- w_scan finds no channel, so I could not create a channels.conf. t locks
to the frequencies but cannot find any channel.
3- I get No audio/video with PliPC . EPG is OK. Signal is OK. BER always
shows 31 strangly.
4- PliPC cannot find any channels in channel scans. It locks to the
frequencies but cannot find any channel.
5- Finally scan with the Mythtv cannot find any channels in channel scans.
It locks to the frequencies but cannot find any channel.

@Honza,
You had suggested to me to use szap as the simplest test tool. What are the
differences of other DVB apps when compared to szap? Do you have any
explanation that my tests 2,3,4,5 fail while only 1 succeeds? Any
suggestion for the further test cases to prove vtunerd is working with no
problem or not.

As I said before, I'm using a Virtual Machine (ubuntu 11.10) on my Windows
7. Do you think this is cauesed by a VM usage? May be a second VU+ user
should check the results ??

Regards...

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 7, 2012, 4:29:02 PM2/7/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #60 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

@Mebepi

I compiled vtunerd for VU this evening, with the suggested Make/ Make
Config modifications. My compiled binaries gives the same with the ones
that you attached above. Here are the results:

1- szap+mplayer gives audio + video with a manually created channels.conf.
2- w_scan finds no channel, so I could not create a channels.conf. It
locks to the frequencie,s but cannot find any channel.
3- I get No audio/video on PliPC with imported settings. EPG is OK. Signal
is OK. BER always shows numbers like 31 strangely.

4- PliPC cannot find any channels in channel scans. It locks to the

frequencies, but cannot find any channel.

5- Finally scan with the Mythtv cannot find any channels in channel scans.

It locks to the frequencies, but cannot find any channel.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 11, 2012, 7:51:54 PM2/11/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #61 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Still no progress here :( I think there is something wrong for vu+ her
which is now PLi specific.

I'm found following the error in PLiPC logs : "DMX_SET_SOURCE failed! -
Invalid argument"

I included problematic part raising the error when tunning to a channel
below, you can also find full logs attached.

---------------------------
OURSTATE: tuning

allocate Channel: res 0

[eDVBCIInterfaces] addPMTHandler 1:0:1:1:1:FFFF:1A42EBC:0:0:0:

allocate demux

DMX_SET_SOURCE failed! - Invalid argument

-----------------------------

Attachments:
plipc.log 18.9 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 11, 2012, 7:55:55 PM2/11/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #62 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Still no progress here :( I think there is something wrong for vu+ here
which is not PLi specific.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 21, 2012, 8:14:07 AM2/21/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #63 on issue 13 by buyukb...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver

Any comments?

vtu...@googlecode.com

Apr 17, 2012, 2:52:59 AM4/17/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #64 on issue 13 by maxime.v...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

Hey guys, first of all: what an awesome project. I'd just love to have
tvheadend use my dreambox as a dvb tuner!

It seems like my setup is almost working, but I get the "no scan results"
issue, apparently.

I have a: dm800se running OpenPLi that runs vtunerd.mipsel (20120104-r2) +
xbmc running on an arch linux machine (x64) running vtunerc.ko +
vtunerc.x86_64 which i compiled myself using the kernel 3.3 quick-patch
found in issue 18.

Communication seems ok, i have tried "vtunerc -f s" and "vtunerc -f s2"
(others (-f S or -f S2) do not connect successfully, as my tuner type = 9)

So the problem at this time is: i cannot scan for any channels (tried using
w_scan, passing -D1u, -D2u, ... for diseqc switching, don't know it this is
supported?).

I tried manually adding channels to channels.conf and tuning with szap, but
this does not seem to LOCK... (will try this again)

btw: is there a way to convert Enigma's channels to a channels.conf ?

Also, if there's know issues causing this behavior, on which I could help?
I am an embedded C programmer, so I might be able to help a little.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Apr 17, 2012, 6:33:04 AM4/17/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #65 on issue 13 by maxime.v...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

Ok, I just read the line "Original Dreambox API is supported, but only up
to August's 2011 DVB drivers!". I suppose this explains my troubles. I
someone could point me out where I should look for improvements, to get it
work on the new Dreambox API? Is there any documentation about the
dreambox-API?
Should I look in the vtunerd-part, in vtuner-dmm-3 ?
I know very little about linux-dvb, so I'll have to do some research first.

best regards

vtu...@googlecode.com

Apr 17, 2012, 3:38:53 PM4/17/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #66 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not

Maxime, If you can test against some older kernel (non 3.3), please do it.
As you could notice, I did 3.3 kernel patch blindly, so it is more then
possible it consists of some bugs and this is a reason why it is not
working for you.

vtu...@googlecode.com

Apr 19, 2012, 8:01:23 AM4/19/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #67 on issue 13 by maxime.v...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

jpetrous, everyone,

I have tried using a 3.0.x kernel, and scanning works now. (so using a
recent OpenPLi image on my dm800se. I still have to check which driver
version this image is using, exactly)
I will look into the new 3.3.x kernel dvb interface, and hopefully come up
with a fix.

Best regards

vtu...@googlecode.com

Apr 30, 2012, 8:09:54 AM4/30/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #68 on issue 13 by leonleij...@gmail.com: vtunerd in VU+ Duo
receiver does not transmit audio and video
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/issues/detail?id=13

I have also a lot of problems with getting vtunerd on my STB.

I'm using the stv090x driver. With the szap utility I got a lock but no
tsdata. Now I'm trying the openpliPC project.

On some channels in e2 I see a PID list and on a lot of channels I see
nothing. The ioctl(hw->demux_fd[j], DMX_SET_PES_FILTER, &flt); is failing
also with "invalid argument". If I set the PID hardcoded to 0 the ioctl
succeeds.

The attached log shows what's going wrong. The DEMUX FAILED logging is
custom added.

Attachments:
ioctl_fail 6.3 KB

vtu...@googlecode.com

Feb 18, 2014, 2:23:48 AM2/18/14
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #69 on issue 13 by jpetrous: vtunerd in VU+ Duo receiver does not
Issue 34 has been merged into this issue.

issue notifications to this address.