vtunerc & driver for Raspberry Pi

ktk

Oct 9, 2012, 1:22:26 PM10/9/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

In the latest release of Openelec.tv & XBMC there is support for PVR, a TV/PVR solution. It supports various ways to get a TV stream on the Raspberry Pi and DVB is one of them.

http://openelec.tv/component/k2/item/250-project-update-pvr-and-raspberry-pi-support-and-important-changes

If I get vtuner correctly I can use it to get a virtual dvb device on a Linux client when I have a Dreambox or something alike with DVB-T tuner included. My idea is to:

- run vtunerd on my Dreambox
- run vtunerc & driver on my Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC
- use PVR with HTS Tvheadend connecting to the virtual DVB driver provided by vtunerc.

Is this something which could work like this? And is there a chance that you provide an ARM version of vtunerc & the driver as well? I didn't try to compile it itself so far (for the lack of skills mainly ;)

Last remarks, I still run the original DM7000 box, looks like the vtunerc starts & connects so far but I couldn't really figure out if this old box is supported still.

thanks

ktk

ktk

Oct 9, 2012, 2:52:59 PM10/9/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com

Is this something which could work like this? And is there a chance that you provide an ARM version of vtunerc & the driver as well? I didn't try to compile it itself so far (for the lack of skills mainly ;)

Searched a bit further and found NessieDVB, this is a really cool box. I'm thinking about replacing my Dreambox with something like that and use the RPi as frontend.

Meanwhile I figured out that someone compiled it for ARM:

http://www.nessiedvb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70

Module does not work for mine though, not same kernel on my OpenELEC image

cu

ktk

Honza Petrouš

Oct 9, 2012, 5:41:29 PM10/9/12
to vtuner-...@googlegroups.com
> Searched a bit further and found NessieDVB, this is a really cool box. I'm
> thinking about replacing my Dreambox with something like that and use the
> RPi as frontend.
>
> Meanwhile I figured out that someone compiled it for ARM:
>
> http://www.nessiedvb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70
>
> Module does not work for mine though, not same kernel on my OpenELEC image

If you ask on forum for driver compiled for your version, there is
some chance somebody do it for you ;)

I know that at least Ales and Pr2Circle own RPi, so I think
they should help you. At least with driver.

/Honza